Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

X-Drive X-Boost

I have been out in the Arizona desert where there is no WiFi so I have been out of touch and have just returned to my shop yesterday, I have been away since 2-10-17 so as you all found out nothing ships when I am not here.

And yes I did go in several caves and old gold mines and found lots of cool stuff :yh:

So I am wondering if anyone bothered to read this at the top of the sales thread, it was put up there on 9-17-16>

ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION

From 9-17-16 until further notice all X-drive sales here are suspended, when more supplies of X-drives are
available sales will resume, so please don't hit the buttons as your funds will be tied up until
I refund you, Thanks
:yh:

I am back now and will be filling all outstanding orders for laser parts as far as drivers go I will fill the orders I have drivers in stock and will refund the monies for the drivers I do not have in stock.

he toke our money and its hiding in the caves :D---:crackup:

It's cool in the cave.....

Jeff, last message i got from you stated you would be back to fill orders on 4/21/17. I sent you a PM and email on 4/22/17 asking if I would receive my driver or a refund. Still no contact back to me. Has anyone received a message or email lately about their orders? I paid for my driver on 4/8/17.

Sorry I got back on 4-23-17, on 4-21-17 I was driving through Nevada......

I did see all the X-Drives listed as OUT OF STOCK, which is why I elected to purchase the one I did as it was shown to be IN STOCK at that time. I'm a little confused by the statement on 9-17-16 saying all sales of X-Drives are suspended until more supplies are available. I went through all the drivers that were listed and only picked one that was supposedly in stock at the time I purchased it. I certainly understand that diodes, drivers, etc. can be out of stock as many were stated to be so. Perhaps it would be in our best interest to send you a message before purchasing in the future. That is the only conclusion I can come to after your last post. :thanks:

I received my 2.4 amp SXD Driver last Friday and immediately examined it. It has a solder splash across the leads of the SMD transistor. I sent two photos to you yesterday as I don't want to try to use it or repair it before you see this and have a chance to tell me how you want to proceed. Otherwise, I'd have no options should the driver fail to work properly. Thanks. I'll be expecting to hear from you soon.

I wonder if the 16.8mm round 50 - 225 milliamps boost laser driver (item #062) has the central positive (anode) contact like with the LED flashlight drivers. And is it also still available? I am looking into using it with the 505nm green laser diode (in the nicer green Convoy S2+ LED flashlight host).

Last edited:
Hello,

I have an Super X-Drive(SXD-V3) and I am trying to use it with TTL control. I followed the instructions of removing the 10KOhm resistor, soldering the PWM wire to the left pad, and removing the C4 capacitor. However, even though my Nichia NDG700 520nm diode lights up, it is not able to pulse when I feed in a signal from a function generator (burst signal, 5V, frequency 1Hz, width 250ns, pulse delay 0s). I used an oscilloscope to check the pulse signal from the function generator and it does output 5 Volts every second. I connected the red lead (V+) to 5Volts and the black lead (V-) to ground. Anyone has any thoughts why my Diode is not able to pulse?

Thank you!!

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Jeff (Flaminpyro) hasn't been on since 10/28/17, he may answer his PM's, or you could try and reach him here - laserggw@gmail.com, this is his address from his "Laser Den" custom lasers.

Hello,

I have an Super X-Drive(SXD-V3) and I am trying to use it with TTL control. I followed the instructions of removing the 10KOhm resistor, soldering the PWM wire to the left pad, and removing the C4 capacitor. However, even though my Nichia NDG700 520nm diode lights up, it is not able to pulse when I feed in a signal from a function generator (burst signal, 5V, frequency 1Hz, width 250ns, pulse delay 0s). I used an oscilloscope to check the pulse signal from the function generator and it does output 5 Volts every second. I connected the red lead (V+) to 5Volts and the black lead (V-) to ground. Anyone has any thoughts why my Diode is not able to pulse?

Thank you!!

If you are using it as TTL and I am just assuming that you have found some link that said it would work, You might be able to run the driver with nothing connected to it. If so, then grounding the terminal should shut it off. It could be that the ground you selected isn't the driver's actual negative supply line. If not, then the +5 volt pulse you are feeding it is not really +5 volts with respect to the driver. Do you see where I'm going here? The + side of your TTL needs to be referenced to the driver's ground or it will not actually be a pulse the driver can use.

Edit: I see now that this question is older than I initially thought, so this may not even be seen.

Last edited:

Coonie

You can send him a private message.

Thanks but I tried too and didn't see the option but I did leave visitor messages.

Jeff (Flaminpyro) hasn't been on since 10/28/17, he may answer his PM's, or you could try and reach him here - laserggw@gmail.com, this is his address from his "Laser Den" custom lasers.

Last Activity: 08-22-2018 11:14 PM

It's why I thought maybe if I leave a visitor message and on his thread it would increase the chance he gets notified just in case he doesn't check his emails or if anyone knew how to contact him.
I really need some of those contact boards. Any ideas?

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I just looked at his last post, didn't think to check visitor messages; what size boards are you looking for?
If you want a 16.8/17mm board, you can have some made -Here-, I've got some, and they're a high quality board.

Edit: Sometimes Jeff is out of contact for periods of time, but he'll usually get back to you. :yh:

Last edited:

Coonie

I just looked at his last post, didn't think to check visitor messages; what size boards are you looking for?
If you want a 16.8/17mm board, you can have some made -Here-, I've got some, and they're a high quality board.

Edit: Sometimes Jeff is out of contact for periods of time, but he'll usually get back to you. :yh:

OMG Thankyou! That's exactly what I need. I'll place an order at oshpark. Well hopefully he will come back in a few. He must've had a reason to log in a week ago. I was hoping he had in stock any of the fabled and discontinued lazeerer drivers.