Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

X-Drive X-Boost

Frass rings have become very expensive in the last few hours so

Okay, great. DTR had one X-Boost left, but I still need the frass ring. What do you want for it? I would
have just done my own, but I don't have any stock in the right size.

Last edited:

I had a million dollar bill lying around here somewhere. If I find it, I'll send it your way.

dr-evil-million-dollar-bill.jpg

OK everyone my latest X-drive order is supposed to be here today so all outstanding orders should go out today or Saturday morning ;)

Last edited:

IWIRE

Got my drives today ! Thanks Flaminpyro ! :beer:
Guess I kinda bumped this thing in the process :)

I need one of the V7 mini adj. drivers for a pen build. Can you do something special with the leads? I would need a spring on the +input, a normal lead on the -input, and the +/-out holes pre-tinned. How much would you charge total for the driver like this? Also need the current pre-set.

Do you mean something like this V7 mini with a silicon insulated gold plated spring and ground wire>

check in the OP they are there for $26.00 :)

I need one of the V7 mini adj. drivers for a pen build. Can you do something special with the leads? I would need a spring on the +input, a normal lead on the -input, and the +/-out holes pre-tinned. How much would you charge total for the driver like this? Also need the current pre-set.

Last edited:
Hey Flaminpyro,

When are expecting the Contact Boards in 20mm diameters??????
Could use qty 4 or so for some builds.

IWIRE

All I have is a x boost v7 adj 1.8a.
X boost mini 1.8a
Sxb 3a
I can take a pic of any of those if it will help.
Seems like Cajun Lasers site had some good pics of drives. Not sure if it is still up or not. The site was still up a couple of months ago.

It's okay, the problem turned out to be with my power supply. Stay away from all LM338K unless you
have pulled them out of old equipment yourself. The prices for them on DigiKey and Mouser are getting
ridiculous and the eBay ones are nothing but rejects and fakes! Thanks anyway for you help.

:thanks:

IWIRE

No problem. I don't know enough to be of much help around here. But I can take a pretty good close up pic if I set my mind to it. :)
Sounds like you just solved a problem for me I was having with an LM338. I bought it off eBay :crackup:
The really bad thing is. I bought about 20 of them. :(

:eek: Oh crap, send them back! Were they the -MIL ones from dalbanicorporation? Because if they are, it
is the same one as I bought and is only putting out 1.3A. They are real crap. I had trouble even getting
solder to stick to it.