Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

X-105 Arrived!

Hey all!
My x-105 arrived today after patiently waiting 2 days after my shipping tracking number had suggested......next time i will pay the extra 15 for quicker! :)
Arrived nicely packed, and a little cold (Starting to get chilly in canada) so idecided to be safe and let it sit and get attuned to home temp as to not damage it, being extra safe, i saited like 6 hrs till night anyway(so i could have more fun)

They Rated this bad boy:
118.2 mW PEAK
113.3 AVG

Happy me :)

Night hit, pretty much bit open the new pack of Lithium e2's i had waiting for this worldly event. Turn on against wall. BAM GREEN and my core laser instantly got put to sleep. hah. Tests then occured

Test 1:Balloon pwnage - Passed
Test 2: Match lightage test - Passed
Test 3; Friend walking on street over could see green peace

only other laser ive ever owned is WL core, and i have always known its underperformed. Lovin the 105. didnt do a whole lot of ressearch cept look at posts on here. Had just one question if its normal that the dot of the laser after about 1 KM it gets very large? maybe like 1M diameter?

sounds like your divergence is pretty bad, try searching for divergence calculator and see if u can find what kind of rating your laser gets - then again i'm used to my lasers having fairly low divergence (<1mrad)

ya the divergence is <1.2 mRad but it still doesnt seem to make sence, could it be a manufacturing defect or is that just how it is? either way i dont really care because i dont use it that far anyways but just curious as to maybe something got overlooked?

eggsy

1m diameter at 1km sounds pretty extreme to me. personally, i would send it back and i dont think it would be normal for the dot to be that big. im just speaking from (limited) knowledge tho, im yet to receive my x65 so i wouldnt know for sure

excuse me. but the divergence in that case is not good? if the dot gain 1 mm every meter, at 1 km is right to have a dot of 1 meter (1 km = 1000 meter): the divergence is 1 mrad in that case.
Is right?
thanks for replies
F.

eggsy

chelydra said:
excuse me. but the divergence in that case is not good? if the dot gain 1 mm every meter, at 1 km is right to have a dot of 1 meter (1 km = 1000 meter): the divergence is 1 mrad in that case.
Is right?
thanks for replies
F.
yeah thats true. my bad!! lol forget what i said :-[
so much for my maths :-/

dont panic too much ginester! haha

my x-65 is the same way. i personally would like the divirgence to be lower because i'm use to my focusible 5 mw Laser Glow laser.

eggsy

maybe we should get someone to build a focusing laser hack! if someone hasnt already lol

charleytown55il can ur x65 light matches?

Rhith

Also keep in mind it's probably not an exact km and what not. But that isn't something worth RMAing over unless it's much much worse then that.