Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

www.bestofferbuy.com 50mw blue laser

OK, I tried to do some research online before buying this and all that I could see it that it was focuseable, had a key lock was 50mw and was cheap!!! (I don't have the link but go to BestOfferBuy.com, Buy DVD, Shop for PC accessories, Discount MP3 Players, Bargain Deal for Surveillance Equipment, Cheap R4 for NDS, X-sim Unlock and its under blue lasers) and I couldn't help myself and bought one. I just want to know what everyone thinks. I think it looks ace but it seems to good to be true. Would appreciate someone who knows there lasers to come and urinate on my fire now lol.

I dont know what to say, but ive bought from bestoffer buy before and theyre great.

My True 30mw greenie was wayyyy overspec, it was like more than 80mw.

I also bought a Dilda, did exactly what it was supposed to do..

Hi again, wow thanks thats boosted my confidence, so why is this blue laser so cheap? there usually 100's of dollars at cheapest. Do you really think it will be good? Also will it burn things? its focuseable remember and will I be able to see the beam in low light conditions? Thank you. I have had a true 50mw green one from DX and that only just popped balloons and just about burnt through bin bags but that wasn't focuseable, I also own a 200mw focuseable red laser from DX too. Will the new blue one compare to the red one? I can't see the red ones beam at all in the day....

* Output power: 50mw
* Types: Adjustable Visible Blue Laser
* Lifespan: more than 8,000 hours
* Size: 40 x 220mm
* 1 x 18650 rechargeable battery(Not included)*
* Wavelength: 405nm
* Beam distance: 500 to 5,000m
* Working voltage: 4.2V
* Special features: Safety Lock

BLU-RAY! NOT BLUE!
Get a more powerful, smaller, more shiny one from Mohrenburg for 60 (?) in the B/S/T section while he still sells them.

Hi, very sorry but I don't know the difference between blue and blu-ray laser? also I don't know who mohrenburg is, sorry, please explain :D.

Hi again, wow thanks thats boosted my confidence, so why is this blue laser so cheap? there usually 100's of dollars at cheapest. Do you really think it will be good? Also will it burn things? its focuseable remember and will I be able to see the beam in low light conditions? Thank you. I have had a true 50mw green one from DX and that only just popped balloons and just about burnt through bin bags but that wasn't focuseable, I also own a 200mw focuseable red laser from DX too. Will the new blue one compare to the red one? I can't see the red ones beam at all in the day....
In the day? Pfft, I cant even see the red dilda's beam in pitch black darkness!

Its probably cheap since its a blue ray, and also a lot of people sell overpriced lasers for no good reason, but well.. It should burn, if you look in the video under the product it says it can burn paper, which means you could most likely feel it.

I dont even know the diff. between a blue ray and a blue. It says BLUE laser so maybe hes just mistaking.. looking at the wrong thing. I think a blue ray is a laser with the diode extracted from a blue ray player.

It says adjustable, but i'm not sure what that means, if it can be focused or what lol :p.

I dont think the beam would be too visible in the day, but in the night it should look cool, especially with smoke..

Make sure you have a battery ready for it though :p, not included.

Good luck! I'm curious to see how it comes!

Wow you guys need to do some reading. Blu-Ray is just a name brand and is really violet in color, like a black light. "Blue" lasers are big bucks because they are hard to make and are blue. You can buy a better "violet" laser much cheaper here in the B,S,T section. Web sites often mislead people by advertising "blue" lasers when they are really violet.

Use the search button and all will be reveled.

Last edited:
Hi there, that blue laser pen doesn't say blu-ray anywhere. Do you think it will burn things? does it make a different what colour it is for burning EG would a 50mw green laser more likely burn than a 50mw red laser? and just so I know, where is the absoloute cheapest place to buy lasers from - powerful ones? The cheapest I have found are dealextreme and bestofferbuy.

You can't? Seriously? :O
I can if I add some fog, and nope, if I put it right by my eye I can a tinnie winnie bit, but not really.

Hi there, that blue laser pen doesn't say blu-ray anywhere. Do you think it will burn things? does it make a different what colour it is for burning EG would a 50mw green laser more likely burn than a 50mw red laser? and just so I know, where is the absoloute cheapest place to buy lasers from - powerful ones? The cheapest I have found are dealextreme and bestofferbuy.
Yes it should burn things. If bestofferbuy has a video of it burning things, it could burn. Yes, I think red and blue-ray have higher burning capabilities than other colors, correct me if I am wrong. If your looking for high quality cheap lasers, the best prices you can get are probably at O-Like.com and Rayfoss.com . I just ordered a laser from rayfoss the other day, the service there is beyond great.

I don't like sites that advertise 405nm lasers as BLUE lasers, major turn off as you know they mostly know little about what their selling.

ALWAYS look at the 'nm's not the 'color'---- and you will get better deals and service if you buy from this forum sellers. AND if you are not carfeul you will learn something in the process. Last bit of advice- go to the welcome forum and introduce yourself albeit only briefly and tell us a little about yourself. BTW welcome to LPF!!!

OK, I just got the 50mw blue laser yesterday and I have to say it is really cool, although when it arrived it was in a big box saying green laser? also the description states that the battery wont be included but it is? also the key lock doesn't work but on the other hand the adjustable beam is pretty cool and it will burns anything thats black, just like my 200mw red laser. Overall I'm very happy so if your thinking of getting one its well worth the money.