Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wwb xxv

That's Western Winter Blast 25 for those who don't read roman :crackup:

So I just got back from another pyro gathering at Lk Havasu and we did have a blast to be sure, there was plenty of pyro
and lots of friends to stay busy with making items and setting them up and then watching every ones work go up in flames :eg:

The weather was fine T shirt weather to be sure, it was good to leave the 13" of snow behind :D

Here are a few pictures from the event.

A pyro's merry go round

from a different angle, the crew is starting to load er up.

just one of the riders, there are many crazy rabbits, cats and owls.

If you can't tell all the riders are filled with pyro devices
sure wish I had a picture of it all lit up.

This crew of people are a club from north Nevada that call them self's The Jackalops, they also made the donkeys,
any one around the area that is interested in pyrotechnics should contact them about joining the club.

This unit spins around in a circle and spits out colored flames, it looks pretty cool at night.

This is only one unit of about 12 on the infield, it shot the smaller items while the big shells were in the out field in the desert behind the track.

A wild pyro donkey was captured and set a blaze later that afternoon, I think this donkey has balls just for showing
up for the event, yep see there he dose have balls :p

soon more donkeys were rounded up and made to like pyro as they were full to the brim with it by the afternoon.

Notice all the large mortar racks in the back ground, we did launch 3ea 16" shells and several 24" shells :eg:

There were many seminars about pyrotechnics and many were hands on, here there is a shell building class taking place ;)

Girls and Boys get your safety glasses on !

These are the "lift cups" that holds the powder that shoots the shell out of the morter.

They are making Happy Face shells, that was a model for everyone to look at.

The top of the shells where the fuse/leader is attached.

Later that night all these shells were used in a display and they were all good looking smiling faces in the sky,
every one did a fine job :D

That's the coolest wheel chair carrier I have ever seen BTW this guy makes the best 6 pound black powder rockets.

Some of infield mortars of smaller caliber

That's a lot of gasoline mines, it got really HOT in the stands while these were going off :eg:

Here is a video of these mortars going off, look for the fire balls :eg:

Notice the gas cans in the back of the truck :whistle:

A very small part of the big mortars out in the back field, I didn't get a chance to go out there.

This is our manufacturing area, we only made a few small items we call JELLY FISH, they look like a dinner plate
and you lay them on the ground and light them from under neath and they get up and hover on a bed of flames
like a hover craft, it rather looks like the sun floating a couple inches above the ground.

My friend mixing up the chems for the JELLY FISH

BTW that's Jeffsgirl (Mrs Flaminpyro) in the green shirt in the back ground

Some friends making rockets and girandolas in there area.

And I can't forget the cannons :whistle:

It's an Acetylene cannon.

And a black powder cannon, he put in one pound of powder on each shot.

Hope you enjoyed the pictures, if your interested in pyrotechnics you might try looking at> PGI - Experience and PGI (Pyrotechnics Guild International)
and> https://www.westernpyro.org/ and there are clubs around the country so there may be one near you.

Any one with pyro pictures are welcome to post them in this thread ;)

Last edited:

ARG

That's an impressive amount of explosives :D Would've loved to be there, looks like it was lots of fun.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I had been wondering if you've been blowing anything up lately..... yep, of course you have! :cool:
Thanks for sharing. :)

FP ---- Gotta love pyro !!
I'll see you in August at the convention in Mason City, IOWA !!!!!!

HMike

These threads always make me wish I could be there-- and wish I knew anything about pyrotechnics :p

Mad respect to that guy with the tank wheelchair carrier. Just pure awesome.

Well if your really serious and you are at least 18 years old then you can learn about the art of pyrotechnics, I'll bet there is a club not too far away
from you and there is always the web sites to learn from there are 100's of them and display companies are always looking for new meat to torturer :crackup:
really that is where I got started with a display company, look them up in the phone book in your area.

Yea the man in the tank makes the sickest black powder rockets, last year at Do-It he lofted a 12" shell on top of 16 rocket motors it was beautiful :D

These threads always make me wish I could be there-- and wish I knew anything about pyrotechnics :p

Mad respect to that guy with the tank wheelchair carrier. Just pure awesome.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us! Man, it always looks like such a blast (har har)...

welcome back!

c

SRESAL

It was nice meeting you FP... can't wait for the next event. :D

Here are a few videos we took while there...

This one is great... :p
There isn't a more exciting place to hang out, than at the Class B Rocket Line... good times.

A few of my rockets...

Some of the class b product I purchased from Flying Phoenix... one of those was a 12".

A buddy of mine built this girandola...

These were the 16 inch shells that were built on site...

Saturday Night Grand Public Display...

IsaacT

Last time I lit a firework it was bottlerockets and I didn't know you needed a bottle(derp). Well there was firey sparks n' shit all over my hands and I hadn't expected that and dropped the bottlerocket on the pavement. Well it ended up firing into my bushes and lighting some leaves on fire. I rushed in and patted the flames out with my hands but lets just say I don't mess around with fireworks anymore.

Didn't ever get to do fireworks as a kid, so while the bottlerocket thing SHOULD have been obvious, for me it was not. I am just grateful it didn't become a big fire. Almost shat m' britches as it was.