Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTS:laser scanner&parts

i havent built it yet. i finally have all my parts. but i am lacking the motivation to make time to put it all together. it will be RRGB. and i will be using spaghetti.

edit.. i will be using it for beam shows. as of now i don't have an interest in animations. Ideally i want to make a show that looks like fire works on mosquito netting.

michael.

Last edited:

Wouldn't those still be animations? :D Low speed galvos can still be used for animations. Just not complicated ones.

I was planning going for RGBV myself but i'm not sure the RIYA's support 4 channel color. I have spaghetti but i'm also going to get LSX pro from drlava with the multibus lite.. whenever he decides to send me an invoice for all the stuff I want from him anyway....

Last edited:
Ok, The scanners showed up today. Drlava still hasn't sent me an invoice for the DAC and other stuff I need yet so I really have no way of testing them just yet.

The scanners turned out to be Phenix Technology PT-30k's. I'm not really sure if I need to do a review since these have been on the market for a while and are in no way a new entry.

As far as pricing goes, since they turned out to be PT-30k's.. I'd say $214 shipped payed with paypal is probably middle of the road as far as pricing goes. It's about the same price you can get them anywhere for.

However Lily was fairly easy to deal with and helpful once language issues were gotten past. So I can certainly recommend them.

I will note that the manual for these scanners was missing from the box. But fortunately it's available on phenix technologies website.

Hello Sir,
I am glad that you have got the scanner.Before,i thought you know the brand of our scanner,so i didn`t mention our brand-name directly to you.I am sorry about it.PT is our brand,no matter you buy from Phoenix or LightSpace,the scanner is the same.The price is also the same.I hope it`s clear for everyone now.
Chris,thank you for your recommandation.
If you like,i think your review is necessary.Everyday,lots of new member here.And some members are interested in this scanner,but they don`t know the real quality,so they don`t make a decision to buy or not.I think your review will be objective and good reference for everyone.
Thank you all guys here to support me!
Best regards,
Lily

sounds like good shipping and delivery time from china. so if she keeps that up and has exceptional customer service I would say WIN.

michael.

Thank you DHL,because DHL didn`t make my cutomer disappointed this time.You said "she",she`s Lily or DHL?:)Could you tell me what exceptional customer service you want?I believe your thought can represent most members` opinions.
:thanks:
Lily

I will note that the manual for these scanners was missing from the box. But fortunately it's available on phenix technologies website.
I am sorry Chris,we made a mistake this time.If possible,i will send the scanner manual to your email.We will do it better in the future.
Lily

shipping parts quickly is good, shipping good parts is best... but if a part is bad and you replace it quickly and have good communication, that is the good customer service we expect here... if you research member and seller susie from www.o-like.com you will see what that she is a highly reputable chinese seller.

michael.

I probably will review the scanner whenever I get a DAC here to do it with, but i'm waiting on drlava on that now. I need to figure out some kind of enclosure as well so I can get a hunk of aluminum on the way to to mount the stuff to.

And don't worry about sending me a manual, Lily. Like I said, It's on PT's site. One thing I don't like though is that all the trimmers on the amps are glued. Pretty much all galvo amps, even pretuned to the galvo's.. will have to be tuned to their final application. It even says that in the missing manual. heh. So i'm sure i'll have to deal with breaking them free when the time comes to tune them properly.

Well my DAC etc shipped today, so hopefully soon I can get some performance data on these scanners.

nice!!!! i look forward to some video man. and as much build info as possible. i'm still slowly putting mine together so all info is welcomed. are you doing multi color or single???? one thing i keep getting told, and read in other spots is to bounce your beam of a fs mirror before the galvos. apparently it's easier to adjust the beam that way.

michael.

Well right now I don't have any modulation drivers. Drlava still is out of the P3's. So I imagine my scanner tests won't be performed with any kind of blanking unless I just breadboard something.

I plan for the final scanner to be RGBV, but that really depends on if the RIYA and the software will be able to deal with four channel color or not.