Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTH are "integrated mirrors"?

Ashton

I'm watching a CO2 on eBay (cant afford it but watching it lol) and it says it includes "integraded mirrors" can somone explaine what the heck an "integrated mirror" is? My guess is a focusing "lens" application, but....?

Benm

I think they mean there are mirrors already on the end of the lasing cavity. It's also possible to have a cavity with only windows on the ends, where you need to provide external mirrors to make it lase.

This is true. The "glassware" CO2 lasers have mirrors mounted and alligned to the cavity. Some high power industrial lasers have Bruester windows and need external ZnSe mirrors to resonate the cavity. The big ones do this so portions of the system can be replaced.
The small ones on ebay are hard sealed.

Before buying one on ebay, ASK ABOUT WARRANTY. Do not get a 15 watt one from Drivine2000. He has near 20% reported failure rate on his product and NO warranty. Too many people post A+++ before the tube cracks after 5 minutes of run time. I KNOW :mad:

Mike

Ashton

um... I hate to ask this... but hwat happens if the laser "breaks" (shatters, explodes, implodes, whatever it does) while it's lasing? I dont plan on it happening, but just in case......

Does that mean a YAG is safer?

When my 15 watt failed, I heard a "tink" sound and the vacuum inside the tube sucked water inside. About that moment, my 14,000 volt power supply smoked out. :mad: Big co2 tubes are in cooling water and go poop ........ The power supply shorts out and the fuses blow. It's all enclosed.

Mike