Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTF HAPPEND TO MY LASER ??!!??

P

Perez-Allende

I was un scrweing the top off like nova told me to clean laser, and I heard a wratling noice........ Next thing I now, I look into it, and I dont see the blue thing that was there before, I move it a bit to see if its tehre, and its just out of place, but now the beam is TOO fat now, and its all bad :( !!??!!

Daedal

For God's sake... No matter what you do... DO NOT look inside the laser aperture with the batteries in place... :-?

--DDL

S

SenKat

Simply unscrewing the top will not cause anything to fall loose ! Did you drop it, or bump it on anything ? If there IS something broken - I suggest you do NOT try to fix it yourself, and contact Nova for an RMA.

This is pretty common with the CNIs actually. It sounds like your collimator shifted around a little. The little aluminum plate in the front with the lens in it is not glued down or anything and can turn, thus screwing up your collimation. Your lens may have also fallen out, but that's less likely. If its the collimator, you can RMA it or try turning it back into position