Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTC: Sabotage? Conspiracy? Neither?

After seeing a reference in another thread by a reputable member of this forum to the internationally note-worthy WTC collapse in New York some years ago, I decided to start a thread to see what my laser hobby compatriots think of this event.

This member questioned, to paraphrase: Does anyone actually still believe they weren't sabotaged?

Many, of course, do believe the reports of the so-called 9/11 Commission, and believe that the towers collapsed due to catastrophic structural damage and ensuing fire. Many others, however, contend that this isn't possible, and that there must have been a conspiracy to demolish the towers.

To start the discussion, my opinion based on my education in materials science and engineering, in particular my multiple courses in metals and their properties, is that with the catastrophic damage caused by the impact and ensuing terrible fires, these two effects combined to be more than enough to cause an initial failure of the upper floors of the building. This falling mass then became a dynamic load, which the rest of the building could not support, and the building continued to collapse. The extreme pressures of the sheer falling mass itself is enough to do this..

This should be interesting....

[South Park] 1/4 of the people believe that it was a conspiracy. That 1/4 is retarded... [/South Park]

Razako

Terrorists jacked planes.
Terrorists crashed planes into the towers.
The resulting fire weakened the steal supports causing the buildings to collapse.

rkcstr

Sure it was a conspiracy... one of terrorists to fullfill their title.

Awww...CMON, everybody knows it was an accident...don't blame Chuck, he just sneezed!

Heh. To me, people thinking it was a conspiracy or sabotaged sort of says that 'we are invincible, no one can touch our country, the ONLY way must of been an inside job'.

It's a bit of a reality shock that some people just couldn't accept :)

define terrorist?

some arab got on a plane, jacked the plane, then said "hey ima kill me'self and go straight to hell" and he flew the aeroplane into a tall building thingy.

mmmhm

Try to find a vid of the second plane impacting the building. Before the plane hits the building, (you can tell from the shadow) there is a bright flash in front of it. Now there is a vid of the second plane taken from the underside as it passes over some guys, pause it at the right time, and you can make out a small cylinder on the underside... Never knew dem Airliners carried dem missiles....

sooo much to explain, sooo little time, the steak is a burning!!! A1 TO THE RESCUE!!!

^Couldn't find one with a flash before the plane hit, only flashes when the plane hit. And metal hitting metal at those speeds will make a flash, no need for any explosives.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RpNSF-er88&NR=1 Shows head-on view of plane, can't see anything under the plane.

http://whynotnews.eu/images/911Boeing.jpg Still can't see anything under the plane.

http://coppermine.luchtzak.be/albums/userpics/10035/N767A762-2007-12-16-1553-Kampenhout.jpg A different plane of the same model (Boeing 767-200), showing the the fuselage is actually wider underneath the wing, which could easily appear as a wider spot or oblong shape from underneath. Especially if, as you see here, that section was painted a different color.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q5nE-k0tUQ I think this is the video you're referring to as far as it looking like there was something under the plane. But I see engines, and I see a place where the fuselage is wider underneath the wings, as shown above.

They also found pieces of the plane around the crash sight that identified it, and multiple passengers and a flight attendant made phone calls between the time of the hijacking and the crash.

Attachments

• N767A762-2007-12-16-1553-Kampenhout.jpg
    N767A762-2007-12-16-1553-Kampenhout.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 739
It's the shadows and crappy video quality playing tricks with your eyes. In the first picture, the plane is pitched sideways so it looks like there is something there, but its just the way the shadows are hitting the underbelly/different colored section of the plane. Also, the belly down there is not perfectly cylindrical, so it causes some weird shadows.