Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB Unique Hosts

Some punk broke into my apartment last night and stole all of my lasers, so, I'm looking to buy hosts for new builds.

I don't like the Guidesmans or Hotlights much and prefer stainless steel, chrome or black over silver or anodized. And of course the more unique the look the better. But, I will settle for ones that are run of the mill, as long as they look cool.

If you have something that you haven't built and are willing to sell, please post or PM me with a pic or 2 and a price.

Thanks,

Mark

$h!t that's too bad Mark...
Do you still have your LPM ???

Jerry

I still have the LPM. The head sits in a drawer and I don't think this moron would have even knew what it was. The only things he took were my lasers and hosts and the police told me that a neighbor reported him kicking in the door and then running away a minute later.

We have security cameras at the gates or the apartment complex, and since the can determine almost an exact time that the guy was in and out it's possible that they captured his car and/or license plate.

Like I said, I know who the guy was and he'd been in my apartment just an hour or 2 earlier. He works with this guy who is dating a bartender I know, and they were at my apartment because the bartenders boyfriend was interested in buying one of my lasers.

I shouldn't have let the other guy tag along, but I never dreamed he'd come back to my apartment, kick my door in and steal all of my lasers.

The good news is that I have the guys phone numberr that works with him, and between him and the bartender I think there's a possibility the cops will get the guy.

Last edited:
Sorry hear about your troubles Mark.

Hopefully they get the guy, sounds like there are definitely a few leads for the cops to follow.

Would be poetic justice if the guy messes up his eyes... :eg:

Would be poetic justice if the guy messes up his eyes... :eg:

Same thing I was thinking. That or the moron shines one of them at a cop and gets his ass arrested. Then, when they fingerprint him the prints match up with the ones they pulled from my apartment, and he gets felony theft, beaking and entering and destruction of private property charges tacked on to the assuat on a police officer charge. :D

madog

I don't know what your budget is but there seems to be a new kid on the block making epic hosts. DTR did a review with one. I beleive his website is called deadeyelasers.

mpwn

hey mark if people had really cool unique hosts i really doubt they would sell, good luck and hope u get ur stuf back from the @#$%'s :)

hey mark if people had really cool unique hosts i really doubt they would sell, good luck and hope u get ur stuf back from the @#$%'s :)

I'd agree with you, if I had not bought a couple of hosts that did not end up being what I thought or wanted or suit my building style. But, that some might have thought were super cool.

And I'm sure there are others out there that have done the same.

I occe bought a host from someone that is very well known for building awesome hosts and had created one that I thought was awesome but he said he was not going to build, but had not yet decided to sell. And there was another one that the same builder sent me as a freebie along with a 405nm that I bought from him, cause I assume he had milled it then decided not to build, and I liked it so much I gutted the 405 and rebuilt it in that host.

Remember, one mans trash is another mans goldmine!