Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: Tail Cap Switch for O-Like Cute Red

The clicky tailcap on my O-Like Cute Red 250mW just stopped clicking and switch is not completing the circuit. Does anyone have a replacement switch assembly that will work with this laser?

I took it out with a spanner wrench and it's pressed together an may not be repairable. If you have a source, including O-Like, for replacement switches please let me know.

I have sent O-Like an email, but don't have a lot of confidence that they have parts available for their lasers....

Thanks! :undecided:

The switch measurements are approx. 19mm diameter and 13mm high (without plastic plunger)

i-3rdPwXn-S.jpg
i-QT89Vdc-S.jpg
i-LGmVmsH-S.jpg

Last edited:

Can you take a picture?

DX ''dealxtreme'' sells several flashlight style clickey switches that may work

Last edited:
how is youre rep 5 with only 59 post?

Because he is obviously a contributing helpful member...
Unlike you that only posts nonsense and SPAMS the Forum...

The Rep comments in any member's Profile usually gives
a good indication if how a member is doing....

Jerry

lasersbee, thanks for keep this string on topic...

rpaloalto, I'll post some pics of the switch with sizes, later today....

Well, it's working again, thanks to your assist! I popped the switch out of the aluminum pill and noticed that the two piece switch/plunger had a lot of wear on the black switch top. Almost looks like prior to assembly someone hit it with a sander. It had a severe chamfer on one side. I made sure that there was good contact between the white plunger and the black switch top when I re-seated it in the pill. I had to use ample amounts of silicone grease on the threads of the tail cap as it was galling heavily on the way back in.

I probably have only clicked this laser about 50 times since I got it 3 months ago. At any rate, I'm back in business now. Thanks Again!

i-tT4qQBF-S.jpg

I'm glade you got it working again, good job. Nice of piferal to tear apart his switch to help. Looks like the link piferal provided is the exactly what you would need.

Fixing the switch is good practice as it's a good skill to pick up on. If you plan on buying lots of cheap lasers and flashlight.
I have not yet needed to replace any switches, but sure have had to rebuild or modify plenty

Yes, when you look at some of the components of these, you gotta wonder how long they'll last. I'm looking for some better hosts, up the line, so they will have at least as good a durability as the better flashlight hosts....

...and thanks again to you and piferal (and his breakdown of his switch!)

you're welcome :yh:

I'm glad also that your switch work again,
because as I said before, this particular one does not have it in stock.

good luck ;)

PM Me if you do need a new one down the Line. Ive got a Few of those Style and we Live close to each other.:)