Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: Spartan 589nm 50mW

I'm going to be buying a Spartan 589 very soon, so I figured that it might be prudent to see if someone here had one they'd want to sell. Having a laser already Stateside with a known output and no reliability issues would be nice.

Lmk what you've got and how much you want for it.

Thanks,

Rob

Lucky you!

Im starting my rainbow all over again, starting with 405nm and working my way back up. Awaiting my 447nm Hydra which should be here Wednesday, but until then I wait. I've been debating whether to get a Rigel(593.5nm) or a Rigel-HV(589nm) in the future! I love 593.5nm's gold/orange color, but 589nm being more of a "yellow" color might be more suitable for completing a rainbow.

Anyway, best of luck! :yh:

-Alex

I'm actually planning on doing both 589 and 594. The color difference between the two is quite significant, and is especially amplified by the difference in power between a Spartan and a 594 pen like a Rigel.

I still have a working module out of a first gen Rigel-2 that I'm planning to get working soon. It's needed a driver for about eight years now, but there was nothing of the sort available all those years ago. Now, drivers can be had off the shelf. I'm excited to get it up and running at 2-3mW, and hopefully heat sinked for improved stability. I'm going to make a thread about it soon.

That laser, when compared to a 589 at 50+ mW, should look downright orange.

I'm actually planning on doing both 589 and 594. The color difference between the two is quite significant, and is especially amplified by the difference in power between a Spartan and a 594 pen like a Rigel.

I still have a working module out of a first gen Rigel-2 that I'm planning to get working soon. It's needed a driver for about eight years now, but there was nothing of the sort available all those years ago. Now, drivers can be had off the shelf. I'm excited to get it up and running at 2-3mW, and hopefully heat sinked for improved stability. I'm going to make a thread about it soon.

That laser, when compared to a 589 at 50+ mW, should look downright orange.

I've seen a thread where a member compared 589 with 593.5 and there does seem to be a visible difference! Ugh, I don't plan on buying a yellow soon but when I do, the choice will be tough :yh:

-Alex

OVNI

I have been looking for a 50mW 589nm also. Preferably from someone within the USA but no luck. Styro was selling his a long time ago so I PM'd him. He still has it and said he's willing to sell it but he's too busy. I can't close on the transaction so still looking.

Right now the only source I know of is a new Spartan for $420.

I have been looking for a 50mW 589nm also. Preferably from someone within the USA but no luck. Styro was selling his a long time ago so I PM'd him. He still has it and said he's willing to sell it but he's too busy. I can't close on the transaction so still looking.

Right now the only source I know of is a new Spartan for $420.

Thanks for the heads up. I reached out to him as well, but he hasn't replied to me either. Can't begrudge the man for having a life, but I figured it was worth a shot. :)