Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: Pulsed PHR-803 Driver

There is a circuit called the 555 circuit. Google it. I dont know much about it but you could try to use that before a driver.

rkcstr

You basically want a driver that can be modulated. You'll still need a signal source, such as the 555 timer, as suggested, to provide a +5V signal.

DrLava sells his "flexmod" driver that can do that, just check out his website posted under the Flexdriver thread, it's one of the links up top.

hummm im doing some research and i found a good way to have one without 555 timer;

555 timer can supply a maximum of 200 ma, so for a PHR it must be fine; otherwise we must use transistor to boost to high amperage

Using a standard 555 timer IC and a 2N2222a NPN transistor, it is possible to create a drive pulse with width down to a few microseconds and amplitude to about 800 mA. The 555 timer chip has a rise/fall time of about 100 ns and current drive capability of 200 mA

check this page for high current http://www.jensign.com/opto/ledlaserdrivers/index.html

check google about basic circuit with the 555 timer, playing with R, C allow us to modify the frequency, and the wide of wave current, pretty easy.

without a 555 timer, check the precious document attached which can supply 2.7 A, pulse @17uS@100hz :
pulse.th.jpg

(it come from google books)

problem attaching file while modifying...

Somebody know how drLava's Flexmod is working, i don't fully understand if we can change the duration pulse and the frequency of current ?

Attachments

• pulseddriver2.jpg
    pulseddriver2.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 129