Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB Portable 2w laser

pip88

I just found this site and really I just want to get a portable 2w laser. Ill pay via paypal. Thanks guys

Last edited:

pip88

buy the parts and make it your self.

Well I dont really want to build one from scratch I rather just buy a built one. The least I would settle for would maybe be a kit that only required soldering and honestly I really dont want that.

Arayan

a 2W laser is not a toy!! You must read al lot about how to use it and (first of all) the safety precautions...

having only 1 post is tough. you will have a tough time finding somebody to sell you a complete class 4 laser.

michael.

pip88

a 2W laser is not a toy!! You must read al lot about how to use it and (first of all) the safety precautions...

yea im going to just chuck that up to common sense. Im 22 I just wanted one since I already had a torch flash light.

pip88

having only 1 post is tough. you will have a tough time finding somebody to sell you a complete class 4 laser.

michael.

Yea I know I figured that would screw me I dont really want to get all acquainted with the matter just wanted to pop in get a laser in pop out.

Well if anyone can look past my newbie profile and see the cash Im willing to pay just let me know.

Cash is supposed to get us to forget our morals and ethics, probably not with any of the members here, at least not any that could sell or build a 2W laser.

And your post above pretty much says that you could care less about your safety or that of anyone else.

How about you just go try to buy a machine gun somewhere else.

pip88

Cash is supposed to get us to forget our morals and ethics, probably not with any of the members here, at least not any that could sell or build a 2W laser.

And your post above pretty much says that you could care less about your safety or that of anyone else.

How about you just go try to buy a machine gun somewhere else.

Did you just compare a laser to a machine gun? I live in texas so finding someone to sell me that is looking easier than getting one of these. Dude at the most I will pop a couple of balloons and shine it at night in a field. Im not a dumbass thats going to aim it at a plane or person driving a car. Like I said common sense.

And on that note if you live in dallas I do too so now that we have our differences aside I would appreciate you selling me one. thanks. lol

you guys are so uptight.

Arayan

...you guys are so uptight.

Do not "take it" so personal :)
the problem here is that you can meet lots of idiots that give further discredit on our hobby! As soon as we'll know you more, than we could change our way of thinking ;)

pip88

Do not "take it" so personal :)
the problem here is that you can meet lots of idiots that give further discredit on our hobby! As soon as we'll know you more, than we could change our way of thinking ;)

Thanks keep me posted (no pun intended)

2W portable does running of a cigarette lighter port from your car count as portable?

Dude at the most I will pop a couple of balloons and shine it at night in a field. Im not a dumbass thats going to aim it at a plane or person driving a car. Like I said common sense.

Well, if that's all you intent to do with it, then you certainly don't need a 2 Watt laser! A 200mW green would do tht just fine, and the beam would be just as impressive as a 2 Watt 445nm blue laser.

And, a 200mW green is still dangerous, but not like a 2 Watt.

Have you even got a set of protection glasses yet? If not, you should probably know that a reflection off a balloon into the Retina from a 2 Watt blue laser would blind you!

With all that said, its going to be hard finding someone willing to sell a blue laser putting out 2 Watts anyway, because that's at the upper limit of what even the most efficient 445nm diodes can produce. And, if you were to find one pushing 2 Watts, it probably ain't going to live all that long.

If you're just wanting a laser to pop balloons, light matches and burn through black plastic, and you have eye protection and WILL use it, then I've got several lasers that would do the trick, and I would be willing to sell to you, if I were sure that you would be safe and responsible.

I don't care how much money you're willing to spend, if I thought you'd end up blinding yourself, or worse yet someone else, no amount of money would be worth having to live with the fact I facilitated somebody ending up blind.