Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: MXDL 3405, 10440 batteries, and charger

I need to find a MXDL 3405, at least 3 10440 batteries, and a charger for the batteries. Does anyone have these that they are willing to sell or know a site that has them in stock with reasonably fast delivery? I placed an order at DX but after a week of "waiting for supplier" and reading stories of it taking 1+ months to receive the order, I'm ready to find someplace else because I need to receive them in 1-2 weeks for a school project. Any suggestions?

WRM

Hey, Last week I bought a 3405 from Jayrob (on this forum), paid him the same day and had it in a few days. He also has custom heatsinks to fit this host. These heatsinks are nothing short of amazing, (send him a PM). I bought 10440 batteries from batteryjunction yesterday and they were delivered today (overnight shipping, they are in CT, I am in NJ). They were pennies more each than DX and I already had a charger; but here is link to one that does just 10440's. It may be better to get one that does multiple sizes. I would guess that battery junction also has them in stock. I hope that this helps.    Bill

http://www.batteryjunction.com/10440.html
http://www.batteryjunction.com/wf-138.html

One more thing....... as I was told by others on the forum, three 10440's would put out way too much voltage for most any driver (at least for a blu ray). I bought a 3/8 " bolt and cut it to the correct size (thanks for the idea Dave!) and used this to fill the third battery bay, using only 2 batteries for 8.4v. (You could also jumper the open bay). I guess that this all depends on how you intend to do your build. Maybe there are some drivers/builds that would require 12.6v.     Bill

hey kendall, i see your using spacers to charge the 10440's, do you have those for sale as well?
i have a charger that takes 18060's and it would be a waste to buy a whole new charger.
or are they simple, like i could make them myself?

Thanks for the tip about only using 2 batteries. I just assumed that they were actually 3.6V a piece and didn't think about them being higher than that. I may end up getting the batteries from batteryjunction or hightechdealz if I can find the MXDL 3405 somewhere else, but if I can't I may just wait on DX because having the batteries won't help unless I have something to put them in. Thanks for the suggestions.

Elijah