Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: Mace of Doom Host

WTB: Mace of Doom Host. Actually, I just need the heat sink, I have one of the flashlights I found here: http://www.dx.com/p/small-sun-zy-a6...shlight-w-strap-2-x-18650-117761#.VggzII2FPZ4 but I will buy a complete host too.

e8eedcfc-1667-47a6-b08a-2f2a571c105d.jpg
8f046ade-b258-41f7-898b-d23a5f733908.jpg
e8eedcfc-1667-47a6-b08a-2f2a571c105d.jpg

I want the heatsink or a full host to build another one of these:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f49/m...photo-lens-converted-beam-expander-95082.html

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS

Hi A,
I have one they are sweet talk about mass handles anything you put in it.

Rich:)

And.... Lots of 500mm telephoto lenses fit on the heat sink diameter.

Hi A,
Can you send me a link for one so i can follow your build please awesome..

Rich:)

Alaskan there's a lot of machinists here on the forum. Eudiamonium is one. Sinner can do that.
Can you get the specs for the heatsink?

I have two of them already, just looking for more but don't need more bad enough to have something machined special, was hoping I could get a deal for one someone doesn't want anymore.

I have two of them already, just looking for more but don't need more bad enough to have something machined special, was hoping I could get a deal for one someone doesn't want anymore.

Ah I gotcha. I guess we can just continue to bump the thread until someone who has one comes across it.

Yea, but I don't think I will bump it more than once a month, just to keep it up higher where someone might be more likely to see it.

Here's why I like them, the OD of the heatsink is perfect for some cheap used 35mm 500mm FL telephoto lenses which allows me to focus a huge lens to make a uber low divergence beam expander. This host has a NUBM44 445nm blue laser diode in it and I was able to put a spot on a 8,000 foot high cloud deck last night, hard to see the spot due to being blue, but it was there. You sure can't do that with this multimode diode without expanding the beam.

image_4a.jpg

There is enough focal adjustment I can zoom the lens forward to turn the beam into a fine point just a few feet away to burn things, or adjust the zoom all the way back and put out a beam at infinity focus for putting a spot on a cloud. Best of both worlds except the thing turns into a beast. As you can see, I am using electrical tape to hold everything together :p What matters to me is its performance.

Last edited:

Ricker

^^That is so amazing, you have me drooling. When I get saved up after this darn Christmas thing, could I get you to make me something like that Alaskan, or are you too busy?

How have those tail cap switches been holding up?
With only a 260 lm Q5 emitter to drive they may make then cheaper over time, I ran into that with the zoom focus XML-T6 lights, the old switches carry my NUBM44, but the newer ones burn up because the switch innards are so thin.
Just a FYI for people to think about, I like the look of the host. :)

I can help anyone who wants to build one do so, but not all of the telephoto lenses I find on ebay work out as some of them have more than one lens in them, one just before the iris which messes up the optics. I remove the original lens and put a transition on the end to hold a much lager PCX lens but finding one which will work, due to its focal length, is hit and miss. No cheap way to do this ordering new parts, but if you order enough junk lenses on ebay, it gives enough choice that I've been able to get something to work for me. Right now I have like 250 lenses I've picked up on ebay over the last three years, sometimes in large lots though. Finding a Mace of Doom host is the challenge, I think, in time you can find a lens which will work, even just staying with the original objective lens in a 500mm FL telephoto lens can work, if it doesn't have a sub lens in the middle, but then not as much expansion with one of those, but they can be 70mm which really is enough expansion anyway, you only halve the mRad by having a lens twice is wide a diameter, the gains aren't that great once you get up around 70mm.