Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: low power xbox 360 HD-DVD sled

I have a 360 HD-DVD drive with the 803 sled in it. I would like to swap it out for the other sled so I can have the 803 for future use.

Dr. Evil said:
I have a 360 HD-DVD drive with the 803 sled in it. I would like to swap it out for the other sled so I can have the 803 for future use.

I'm thinking this is a monumental waste of time, effort, and money ! TBH, check out http://geeks.com and buy the $18.99 Toshiba 3X HD DVD drive that has the PHR-803T diode sled in it, and set that aside. It'll work out cheaper, less chance of boogering up a perfectly good drive in an attempt to save the internals for later - make sense ? Besides my opinion on why NOT to do it, the price of the geeks.com 2x HD drive is WAY cheap ! :D I am busily attempting to snatch up a few for spares for myself :)

That's a good idea but there is one problem. The problem is that I will keep on thinking about ripping the drive apart for good since it has the 803 in it. The temptation to tear it apart will go away if I put the other sled in it.