Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: Laser Safety Glasses

Yep, I have 2 high powered lasers and I'm pretty nervous with them.

I ordered a pair from dragonlasers but I'm having some issues and i don't think ill ever get them.

So I'm looking for a not too expensive pair for the following lasers/wavelengths

532nM 111mW
405nM 419mW

I need glasses that block both or just the 405nM

Thanks,
Jeff

Last edited:

I used this company and was very pleased.
Arrived from China in only 12 days in a nice case.
They are solid and nice quality.

Multiple Wavelength

Chuck

Last edited:
What kind of 'issues' are you having? Try emailing frank@dragonlasers.com Im sure he will be happy to assist you! I have had excellent experiences with DL and would recomend them to anyone. If it is a delay in shipping, that sometimes occurs and will be resolved.

The issue i am having with dragon lasers is, I recently moved and my dad changed our address before my glasses arrived. My glasses were marked as "undeliverable address" in the USPS track n confirm. I had talked to both the post office and frank himself (least i think) and they told me they dont have the glasses yet and my post office told me my glasses were shipped back to china. The problem was on my end not dragon lasers so i cannot blame them but i dont really want to fork out another 42$ for glasses i had already paid for. I "HAVE" waited over 3 weeks since i last checked with my post office and i still haven't had any luck, Though there customer support was very helpful :)

So i am just looking for a cheap pair i can use for now and if my issue is resolved with dragon lasers i will have 2 pairs, one for me and a friend.

Edit: i havent really had a bad experience with dragon lasers, actually dl was very plesent and helpful there just isnt much they can do for my situation.

Last edited:
I might get ripped, but these are what I use and have used. Back when I started playing with lasers 532nm glasses were like 75 bucks and the only place you could get them was WL. I get a set of these and they work fine.

Dewalt DW0714 Laser Enhancement Glasses | BrandToolsOnline.com

They block all 125mW of my fusion and make things easier to focus, the dot looks like a little yellow pinprick through these.

I know they say "laser enhancement" but they are supposed to "enhance" the red lasers in tools such as levels and circular saws. They do so by blocking light of all other wavelengths. I don't know if they work with 405, but they work with 532.

Did a quick search, looks like they are OD6. I would personally vouch for these!
http://laserpointerforums.com/f53/laser-enhancement-goggles-38461.html

those look promising, but im not sure how they would work for my BR laser as it is the one im worried about most.

Thanks for the help, ill most likely get those if thats all i can find.

Im pretty sure ive seen other members selling a yellow type of glasses on here but i wasent really able to find out who it was so ill hold off on those glasses at the moment.

I was going to purchase some off ebay buy with my luch they will be under spec and i will lose my eyesight forever.

anyways thanks guys and girls please keep the options coming.

Thqnks dave. Im a little worried in how well those glasses protect though some protection is better than none.

Back to the dl topic. Frank told me that i could order another pair of glasses and when my glasses arrived bqck in china he would refund my other glasses money. He also offered for me to have mine reshipped at the cost of 18$ when they arrived. And im not 100% sure but he may have offered a cash refund but im not entirely sure what cirumstqnces that was under.

Like i said it was my fault not theres so the situqtion is a little different in my case rather than them just not making it here.

Thanks again,
Jeff

True, but if you decide not to get the glasses reshipped than they would have to refund the money when they get the original ones back which may take some time. but since you never recieved the product and it was sent back its sorta like a return, even though it was your fault, they wouldnt just beat your money.
And glenn's glasses seem to have a following hear for BR protection, though im with you, I dont own them, and wouldnt try them, im not saying they arent good, but no OD rating, and you really should buy glasses made specificly for lasers. In the mean time, some yellow tinted UVA UVB sunglasses will help reduce the 'blaze' form BR lasers.