Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: Lab-style 532nm Green

Trevor

I was looking fairly seriously at this laser:
O-Like 100mW 532nm Green

And alternatively at this one (though I'm looking for green more):
O-Like 200mW Red

I read the review of the green, and it seems nice - especially with the cooling.

However, I figured it would be a good idea to see what's available here and what people are selling at the moment. Obviously I'm not looking in an extremely high price range... but I'm open to whatever people have to offer - either in the form of laser or advice. :beer:

Cheers.

Trevor

EDIT: For reference, here is ElektroFreak's review.

jeffd

AixiZ

Here is nice green module, It is rated at only 50mw but there have been quite a few reports of them being very overspec. I think brewcity has a few and hopefully he will chime in.

those aixis units are sweet i have three of them -and i dont even have a use for them yet lol all go way over 100 mw

Trevor

yep you can adjust the power on those.. mine goes up to ~115mw.

115mW... not bad. I'm looking for something in the power range of the O-Like though - apparently those are overspec to the tune of 175mW.

It is rated at only 50mw but there have been quite a few reports of them being very overspec.

Not sure why I multiquoted this... see above? :whistle:

those aixis units are sweet i have three of them -and i dont even have a use for them yet lol all go way over 100 mw

Hmm, good to hear. How far over 100mW is "way over?"

Trevor

daguin

Can I buy one of them from you? (no more aliens allowed)

Mine WAS destined to be part of my first RGY scanner.

Peace,
dave

Hey Dave...
I just metered it again... my mistake.... 112mW steady output
when warmed up...:topic:

Jerry

ok guys one going to dave the other two ima keeping
I'll get it shipped on tuesday dave hows that sound

Last edited:
I still would highly recommend the 100mW o-like TEC cooled module over the Aixiz. The Aixiz is decent, but the o-like module is FAR more stable under modulation (very important if you intend to use it in a laser projector) and will last longer.

The Aixiz is a killer deal for the price, and the o-like is twice as expensive, but they are in two different ballparks in terms of quality.

Trevor

I still would highly recommend the 100mW o-like TEC cooled module over the Aixiz. The Aixiz is decent, but the o-like module is FAR more stable under modulation (very important if you intend to use it in a laser projector) and will last longer.

The Aixiz is a killer deal for the price, and the o-like is twice as expensive, but they are in two different ballparks in terms of quality.

Thanks for the input. I'll see if I can get in touch with Susie to see if I can get a unit with good divergence; I'm looking to use this in research.

Trevor

EDIT: +1'd you guys now that I can... lasersbee I'll have to wait 'til I can rep you again. ><

Last edited:
My unit has excellent divergence (<1.3mrad).. I think they all come that way. Getting better divergence would likely require a beam-expander..