Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: HeNe PSU---2.6+KV output

Just checking the waters, I know its a shot in the dark but I cant find one anywhere on ebay. I need a brick type power supply for a GreeNe tube I have, preferably using AC line voltage but I will entertain offers for a DC input as long is its 12v or under. I need an output of 2.6KV(2600v) or greater and dont want to spend more than $60 for it. If anyone has one that fits my specs please post or PM me, even if it is more $$ I will still consider it.

Thanks guys
:beer:

daguin

I just picked up a lab-style to replace this one for me.

I have a 115VAC input -- 2700VDC output, brick you can have for $55 shipped.

Peace,
dave

I just picked up a lab-style to replace this one for me.

I have a 115VAC input -- 2700VDC output, brick you can have for $55 shipped.

Peace,
dave

Wow, EPIC save man:bowdown:

Funny thing is that I almost didnt make this thread, but then just went for it, and about an hour and a half later comes this amazing deal, cheap and EXACTLY what I was looking for!

Sending PM now, thanks Dave!
If I can find your PP in my old jumble of PM's you will have the payment shortly as well.
:thanks: again!

TTerbo

wow dave very generous. will the extra 100v effect the tube??

daguin

No. Gas lasers operate in a "range." You can damage a tube by going WAY over, but not at this low a difference.

Peace,
dave

The tube I am using it for was actually purchase also from daguin, and I belive he ran the tube with this PSU before, not positive though. The original spec for the tube was 2800v so if anything it is less, but you can just increase or decrease the value of your ballast resistor to help match up with your power supply, basically just trial and error untill your tube runs smooth.

@daguin----Payment and PM sent, thank you again!!!:san:

EDIT: Oops, much faster replies than I, Lol...

TTerbo

well i just learnt something. ass this thread is pretty much over now can someone tell me why the HeNe needs soo much power?

cheers

well i just learnt something. ass this thread is pretty much over now can someone tell me why the HeNe needs soo much power?

cheers

Read this:Sam's Laser FAQ - Helium-Neon Lasers
If you read through it you will learn far more than you cared to learn, but at the end you will be able to get a tube up and running on your own and make educated choices regarding your HeNe interests...

They are inefficient and they much have enough voltage to make a plasma "arc" through the gas to produce the light (simplified explanation). For more info read Sam's FAQ or use the [Search] bar!

EDIT: kingdave2357 beat me :(