Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: Heatsinks

I'm looking to find some cheapo PASSIVE heatsinks for my TECs. The TECs won't be run at full power, but its still gunna need to be a half-decent heatsink to work passively. The Al heatsinks used as low end CPU heatsinks (without a fan on them) would be ideal, but I'm looking for CHEAP (hoping for <$5 apiece on quantities of 10 or less), so I'm thinking I may have to sacrifice to get something smaller. Any ideas? Thanks.

yuip

Hey Carter,

I just took a little deeper look around NewEgg's heatsink offerings, and I quickly found a heatsink that costs $2.69 each, but the shipping is $2.09 each. That's kind of aggravating.

From the looks of it, your best bet would be to find a heatsink with an easily removable fan, and then sell the lot of fans on eBay. :-/

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Oh, BTW, can you link to the spec sheet of the TECs you have? I bought a few from you a few months ago off of eBay and I didn't bookmark the spec sheet.

Thanks!

yuip

Thanks Greenie, I should have included an item number. I haven't gotten 20 posts yet, so I can't post links.