Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB Green LP - Low power and Bulk.

Greetings.

I am looking for a source of low price 532nm laser pointers/ seld-contained modules.

The power must be <1mW, and they must be filtered for 808 and 1064nm.
I am looking to buy 200 of these, and have checked out dealextreme, o-like and Tmart. The problem was that none of them specified the filter.

Long term reliability is not as much an issue as the price, which must stay below 5 Euros.

Does anyone have an idea, or an offer perhaps? It´s for an outreach program to supply poor schools with laser kits (michaelson interferoneters, diffraction spectrometers and the like)

Please help me with this matter.

Kind Regards,
Ivan Kozlov.

Ivan,

The problem is most low powered lasers will not have an IR filter.

Try contacting Max over at lazerer.com. Also o-like.

Considering the size of the order, I think they could probably meet you on price, but IR filters will be extra, for both filter and installation.

-G

ARG

Radiant electronics sells small IR filters that you can put on the front, problem is I doubt you want to do this 200 times :p

^^^The IR filters are not particularly cheap, and installing them on newwish pens would be a major pain the @$$ for 200 pens.

Greetings.

Thank you for all the feedback on this matter.
The main problem is not finding the pointers themselves, rather actually modifying them with the IR filters. I will act on your feedback and get back to you. That's the thing, we can't give 200 schools 'class 2' pointer which leak IR well into class 3!

If anyone had a boxfull of pointers they want to get rid of for a low price, give me a shout. :crackup:

Kind regards,
Ivan Kozlov.