Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

wtb/gps

glona

hi i am looking for a handheld gps for geocashing i am wontign ot trade for it i have 2 red burning lasers lone is a diy dorcy mini other is a 100mw dorcy labb laser i also have a metal proejct box that the labb laser fits in and prolly liek 25-30 bucks just any thing works long as it has good cords and even gray lcd screen

..glona..

Seriously - bumping your post in the same day it is posted is rude as hell. All you are doing is pushing other folks' posts down the list.

Hey Glona,

For geocaching you're going to need an off-road GPS. I see these Garmin eTrex models on sale a lot because of their monochrome screens, so that's a good way to get started.

If you buy a road nav model it will be no good in the woods. My best suggestion for geocaching on the cheap is the eTrex Vista. Most Geocachers have upgraded to colour so you'll find these on eBay often.

Bottom line, contact your local Geocaching club. They will probably have the best idea where to get cheap units that work for the hobby.

I also doubt anyone would trade for a few reds. (You can get a 200mW red from DX for $53.) My Vista cost me $400 when I bought it. Do the math. ::)

No problem SenKat

Geocaching is a hobby where you use a GPS unit to locate hidden "caches" of goodies. They are usually off in the woods in the crook of a tree or somewhere not too hard to find. Popular caches can be huge and the basic premise is "you take something and you leave something." When you find a cache, you put your name in the logbook and trade trinkets. Then you drop that trinket at another cache sometime in the future.

It's a great way to get outdoors for a hike and learn to use the GPS to full advantage. It's a worldwide geek sport in every sense. :D

The main repository for the hobby is here at www.geocaching.com. It's quite organized.

Cheers, CC

Cool ! That does sound like fun - when I get all healed up, I may look into that - I think it would be great exercise ! Sorry to threadjack like this, curiosity got the better of me :)