Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB - "Extended Length" Lens Holder

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I'm looking for a couple of extended length 9mm x 0.5mm (fits standard 12mm module) lens holders. These lens holders are 14mm long, as compared to the standard length ones which are approx. 10mm long.
These are the ones that used to be available from DTR.

I basically only need the lens holders, but if anyone has any with lenses, that could also work.

Here's a photo of the holders I'm looking for.

EDIT 7/9/15 - The holder I'm looking for is the top one, in the calipers. The bottom one is for reference.

Rgp9c8z.jpg

Thanks! :)

Last edited:

APEX1

FlaminPyro has some awesome F/A I have one it looks like a 9mm shell and jayrob sells them. the exact thing your looking for, sorry didn't realize your looking for the ring. I misunderstood what you wanted.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks noobphaser 215, I just looked at Flaminpyro's site and he does have some beautiful focus adapters, but I didn't see any of the long, threaded brass lens holders; the part that his f/a's screw on to.
The only lens holder that I saw on Jayrobs site was his special G1 lens which is afaik, sold only as a complete unit, and is the standard 10mm long.

APEX1

Thanks noobphaser 215, I just looked at Flaminpyro's site and he does have some beautiful focus adapters, but I didn't see any of the long, threaded brass lens holders; the part that his f/a's screw on to.
The only lens holder that I saw on Jayrobs site was his special G1 lens which is afaik, sold only as a complete unit, and is the standard 10mm long.

I wonder if jayrob would sell you just an empty one? Or search on eBay. I've seen them listed before!

Pman

Who doesnt;) Could use a few of them. Doesn't seem like they should cost much either.
Just got a bunch of different focus adapters from Ehg and Mohs sending a couple he had laying around. Forgot to ask Ehg for some that were threaded deeper. Don't like when the focus adapter sits away from the heat-sink. Having him make me some more. Tired of the same old Aixiz ones.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
It looks as if there is quite a desire for these, I thought I'd be the only one looking for them.
It would be great to find another supplier for these, or even a machinist/machine shop that could make a batch.
They aren't that complex, but they are tiny, and have fine threads on both the ID and OD; I don't think just anyone is going to be able to make these, especially for the prices that we've seen in the past.

I have two of them with G2 lenses and wouldn't part with them for less than $100 each. I have been waiting a very long time for them to become available again but it looks like they're not coming back. DTR said a very long time ago that the place he got them from went out of business and he would find another place that can make them but he never did. There's got to be someplace that can make these.

Alan

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Yep, that's the same thing he told me, I only wish I had known that these were going to become unavailable, I would have stocked up on them.

Anyone know what the inside threads are? Both the inside of the barrel and the lens nut.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I think it may be 8mm x 0.5mm, but I'm not sure. I'd have to measure one and check the thread pitch when I get home.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Well, I was wrong (go figure), the inner retainer O.D. measures 7.36mm, which is probably a 7.5mm nominal size.

The thread pitch looks to be .35mm according to my thread pitch gauge.

Here's a photo of what I found.

abF7Rzg.jpg

Last edited:

gif

Who doesnt;) Could use a few of them. Doesn't seem like they should cost much either.
Just got a bunch of different focus adapters from Ehg and Mohs sending a couple he had laying around. Forgot to ask Ehg for some that were threaded deeper. Don't like when the focus adapter sits away from the heat-sink. Having him make me some more. Tired of the same old Aixiz ones.

thats exactly what I am facing as well with focus adapter and heat sink.
:thinking: