Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB Custom Host

IsaacT

Hello

So I have been planning on using a flashlight host for my first build, but I think it would look better if it was in an all metal custom made host and so I thought I would toss out a thread. One thing in particular I would like to find is a host that doesn't require a lot of modification on my end...

I would like to be able to sink the driver, solder the connections, and have it be good to go. I say this because I know some hosts require modification of the tail cap, which isn't preinstalled, or something.

So yeah, if any of you machinists out there have some laser hosts that you build for people I would love to hear from you and see pictures of what you can make. As far as prices go, I would like to keep them at 50 bucks or so, but if something truly sexy walks into my PM inbox I may make an exception.

Thanks,
Isaac

IsaacT

The magic sticks require extra work to get the tailcap in....sh** I don't know how to do. :/ I'll try PMing Eghemus when I get off work.

Thanks,
Isaac

IsaacT

Ehgemus hasn't been on since 10/18/12....so who knows when he will be back.... :/

The magic sticks require extra work to get the tailcap in....sh**

Eh? What do you mean? I havent heard anything about that...:thinking:

If you cant contact Ehgemus, you could try Eudaimonium instead...;) :beer:

sinner

Thats right, when we talk about a custom hosts It does need above average skills to build one, as it is made totally from scratch, Unfortunately we can only source switch mounts that are made for cheapish flashlight switches that are rated at 500mA.. So everything above that would have to be installed all by oneself, but i do provide fairly easier solution to that if anyone has a question on how to mount a huge ass judco switch rated for 10A DC into a custom host i would be more than happy to create a rather simple tutorial.

Thats right, when we talk about a custom hosts It does need above average skills to build one, as it is made totally from scratch, Unfortunately we can only source switch mounts that are made for cheapish flashlight switches that are rated at 500mA.. So everything above that would have to be installed all by oneself, but i do provide fairly easier solution to that if anyone has a question on how to mount a huge ass judco switch rated for 10A DC into a custom host i would be more than happy to create a rather simple tutorial.

I don't mind modding it, but I thought you'd sorted out the switch problem? Guess Ill have to re-read the thread...;) :beer:

sinner

Yes that was only the case with the first magicsticks. Later then it was revised and fitted with a more elaborate custom touch.

Ah ok I thought you'd upgraded the switches for all of them! Not to worry, where did you source the switches for the V2's and 3's? :beer:

sinner

I got them from digikey, The ones i use are similar to this one. They can handle way more current, you'll never lose a laser diode over a bad switch :wave:

Last edited:
Great thanks Sinner! :wave:

@Wannaburnstuff sorry for going off topic! ;) :beer:

Last edited: