Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB> Custom Brick Heatsink

So I currently have a plan to take a 520nm rated diode down to -60C, and see what kind of blue-shift I get.

To do this, I need a custom brick heatsink. Al, or maybe Cu pending price. It needs to be 5cm x 5cm x 3cm. Centered through the length (or width) I need a 12mm hole drilled for a diode module.

It is trough this hole that I will mount the diode module.

I don't need fins, just that brick design.

PM me if you think you can make this for me.

So I currently have a plan to take a 520nm rated diode down to -60C, and see what kind of blue-shift I get.

To do this, I need a custom brick heatsink. Al, or maybe Cu pending price. It needs to be 5cm x 5cm x 3cm. Centered through the length (or width) I need a 12mm hole drilled for a diode module.

It is trough this hole that I will mount the diode module.

I don't need fins, just that brick design.

PM me if you think you can make this for me.
Ask mrcrouse he makes nice lab heatsinks :beer:

At -60C a sealed chamber is a must and you should isolate the cold side with aerogel or something like that at -60C the heat adsorbed from enviorment is greater than the heat from the diode itself
Just my two cents

This will be a completely sealed unit inside an aluminum casing with desiccant inside, and sealed off with epoxy. There will be an AR window for the beam to exit.