Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: Broken PHR Diodes

Got a PHR that's now an LED? Send it to me!

Will pay shipping (depending on the amount for the shipping, probably not worth it if you're overseas or too far away) for your non-working PHR-803T diodes.

Or you can just send them to me gratis in the name of science. I promise it's good science.

PHRs only! I don't want any other broken diodes unless you're willing to send some working ones for free too. Must not be physically damaged, like if you used a hammer to remove the diode from an Aixiz, or if it started emitting smoke. Ideally, I just want PHRs that are now LEDs, but still emit some light.

science-robot.gif

daguin

Sorry Dude. Nothing under a 6X here any more

Peace,
dave

^No problem at all.

And really it's not that expensive to just use working ones. This is just a shot in the dark because I feel guilty messing up working diodes when there could be non-working ones out there that could still be put to good use.

And I don't mean to be evasive, Pontiac. Well, I guess I do mean to be evasive, but I can't always be as forthcoming as I would like. Basically, these diodes are of a good, and more importantly consistent, quality. In a research setting, you can't always count on consistency across all samples. When trying to set up experiments, it can be very challenging to troubleshoot and diagnose when you can't be certain that your samples are consistent, so you can't trace the problem to find if the problem is in the test or in the sample. But with these commercial diodes, consistency is a piece of cake, so troubleshooting a test set up or experiment gets a lot easier, so you can trust your measurement then on other, inconsistent samples. You need a repeatable experiment, but can't get a repeatable experiment without repeatable samples. These diode are consistent, so you can make repeatable experiments, allowing you to expand your experiments to inconsistent samples. Make sense?

Dont laze me bro is running one of his PHRs at 364mw. Not to jinx him, but I'm thinkin it won't last much longer. Message him I bet he'd send it to you after it dies.

^No problem at all.

And really it's not that expensive to just use working ones. This is just a shot in the dark because I feel guilty messing up working diodes when there could be non-working ones out there that could still be put to good use.

And I don't mean to be evasive, Pontiac. Well, I guess I do mean to be evasive, but I can't always be as forthcoming as I would like. Basically, these diodes are of a good, and more importantly consistent, quality. In a research setting, you can't always count on consistency across all samples. When trying to set up experiments, it can be very challenging to troubleshoot and diagnose when you can't be certain that your samples are consistent, so you can't trace the problem to find if the problem is in the test or in the sample. But with these commercial diodes, consistency is a piece of cake, so troubleshooting a test set up or experiment gets a lot easier, so you can trust your measurement then on other, inconsistent samples. You need a repeatable experiment, but can't get a repeatable experiment without repeatable samples. These diode are consistent, so you can make repeatable experiments, allowing you to expand your experiments to inconsistent samples. Make sense?

A good experiment has 1 variable, that makes plenty of sense! I figured you wouldn't want to explain yourself, otherwise you would have in the 1st post. I'm just nosy :D

I might have some dead ones soon, I don't know if it will be in time for you to use them though. I hope I don't break any at least..