Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB - BluRay 150-200mW

I need to know the price of a built bluray that ranges from 150mw to 200mw, i need it to sell it here in argentina, so i expect trusted members to please answer this thread,

thanks in advance guys! :)

Teh Chuck.

i can build you a nice one from a romisen rc-h3 host. i can use a 4x diode or a phr with a lavadrive. ive already got the heatsink,driver and diodes along with the host i just have to put it together. ;)

i need a really, REALLY stable operating bluray laser with those specs, if you can guarantee that then it'd be great.

Niko said:
i need a really, REALLY stable operating bluray laser with those specs, if you can guarantee that then it'd be great.
the lava drive is the most stable driver ive seen on the forums. i can use a 4x diode but that will raise the price a bit but i wont charge much. ill even test the laser and send a graph from my laserbee.

i have a 150mw 405nm in a leadlight case for sale £75

but it does have a duty cycle

Ace82

I would bet my left nut that if you get one that's in that mW range that it won't last.  This is the ever lasting argument.  I have 2 lasers I'm selling @ 70mW using the PHR 803T's that is guaranteed to last forever!  Anyway, I could so very easy turn up the pot and get 150mW, but after blowing 7 diodes pushing 120+mA, I've decided that to continue this pattern while expecting different results declares me legally insane.  SO, I've decided to lower the current so these babies will last forever.  Not to mention, that with 405nm the burning is still very strong even at 70mW, easily light white matches, burn white paper, basically do all the same as a 150mW but just not quite as fast.  It's really cool when there's so much power, but not cool at all when the diodes blow after a few hours use/abuse.  Anyway, I LEDified my 6x this morning, at 160mA.  It lasted for a short while, but being this was my first diode I didn't know it's limit (learning for myself that is, you can't believe everything you read on the internet) and I presume it was producing close to 180mW.  Other then the fact of being so used to the feeling of blowing diodes:  :'(

I would like to quote my good friend IgorT who has been through the same battle:

IgorT said:
[quote author=amkdeath link=1223438970/900#905 date=1226824186]Igor My diode has been running 200mW for over 60 hours now... I think you are mistaken... You are under-estimating these babies.

I am not underestimating the 4x diodes. I believe that the 4x's are the best 405nm diode available at a reasonable price so far!

I think the 4x's are actually capable of sustained continuous 105mW output. Possibly even a little more, perhaps the 4x's could even provide 120-130mW through an acrylic lens with a long life, much unlike......

amkdeath said:
These are much more powerful than the PHR's. also, remember, PHR's were 2.4x, these are 4x...
......PHRs.  The 4x writers are most definitelly WAY more powerful than 2.4x readers... It's the PHRs that are overestimated to a bizzare level, not the 4x's that are underestimated.

A PHR, when put through the same testing (1 min ON, 1 min OFF), at the same current of 150mA, lasts only 3-20 hours. I've seen much less than 3 hours tho, in the near-20 i killed before making the cycler circuit. I have never seen more than 15-20 hours in a PHR at >150mA. There is this one PHR with a question mark above it, but the clock is still ticking. All the others are dead.

BTW, an update on the test 4x:
Last night it was putting out between 125-135mW depending on how kinky it felt. I woke up this morning, and my 4x was dead. It survived somewhere over 130 hours or so at 150mA. Need to check the counter, to see exactly how long.

It degraded, dropped in it's own kink and this morning it was dead. Had i set it bellow the first kink it would probably have survived a long time.

Kage lost two before reaching 140mW. They may not have the same short lived fake toughness of the PHRs, but i think that at <120mW, they would be WAY more reliable than PHRs at the same power. The 4x i tested at 150mA lived longer than any PHR i have ever seen at the same current. And i've seen many! I just hope my other 4x's are also this good, and that this wasn't a random super-tough freak!

Because i know one thing for sure. The 4x i sacrificed for testing is without a doubt the best 405nm diode, i have seen so far, with the exclusion of my 6x of course.

What i don't understand is, how your 4x could possibly have been running for 60 hours? You have it in a laser. I had my test 4x on a circuit, that has been turning it on for one minute and and off for one minute almost since the moment i got it, day and night. I later reduced the OFF-time a little, to speed up the testing, and i only got to around double what you're saying.

I think you're overestimating the time you had it ON. Even a 6x may not have survived 60 hours of 200mA. My 6x degraded at 198mA in less time than that. And i sped up the degradation in anticipation of the "6x" GB, by setting it to 219mA. It's dying.

The 6x may survive 200mA for a certain time. But not without degrading and eventually dying a premature death. It's our expectations, that are too high.

I wish 4x's were still available, beause they seem to be good diodes.[/quote]

JLSE

I have a nice 4x package, comes with two batts and the charger. 175mW of bluray go0dness. PM me if interested. Everything is unused and tested :)

*edit*

It comes with 2 batteries, but only uses 1 at a time @ 3.6v

Attachments

• P1230434.jpg
    P1230434.jpg
    756.4 KB · Views: 72

JLSE

Night beamshot outside, solid beam over the 803t's ;D It also includes extra lenses for when the acrylic eventually degrades :-/

Attachments

• P1230325.jpg
    P1230325.jpg
    612.4 KB · Views: 71

rkcstr

Right now you're not going to find a truly stable 150-200mW blu-ray with what is available currently, unless you shelled out the money for a true 6x diode (drives are somewhere around $250 ATM).  Igor has seen his 4x degrade over time at even 150mA, which is guaranteed to happen with the 803T as well.

However, with Igor's lenses he's working on, those will actually provide more useful power from the same current and you could probably get 150-200mW from the 4x diode at a low enough power to possibly prevent degradation, at least not nearly as quickly.

Also, if you're looking for an extremely stable output (like power has to be constant), that may be very difficult with out using some sort of APC (automatic power control) driver because power will fluctuate with temperature at the same current.

I have a few Kryton Groove (Kenom's) barrels coming to me, I'm probably only going to use two of them.  I could be persuaded to build the extra one with a 4x diode if you give me some good monies :)

EDIT:  Oh, and did you want a hand-held or like a lab-type module?  I don't really see any reason you'd need REALLY stable output on a handheld?

JLSE

I also have a true 6x from the LG drive, but the price is much different :eek:

wannaburn said:
Night beamshot outside, solid beam over the 803t's ;D  It also includes extra lenses for when the acrylic eventually degrades :-/

PM sent

sorry for not including much information, i don't have much time on my hands right now, thanks to EVERYBODY for your answers, i've answered the PM's.

hey, wannaburn, are those really 175mW? have you tested them for long intervals?

take your pick...all the br's are over 150mw. the 3 on the right are reds and the other 5 is br with phr diodes.

oh yeah theyve all got custom machined heatsinks as well ;)

Attachments

• PICT0138_001.JPG
    PICT0138_001.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 65

JLSE

Niko said:
sorry for not including much information, i don't have much time on my hands right now, thanks to EVERYBODY for your answers, i've answered the PM's.

hey, wannaburn, are those really 175mW? have you tested them for long intervals?

It will hit 175mW after it starts to warm up. From a cold start it comes in at 160mW and works its way up. The second 4x at the same current is putting out 145mW from a cold start, and climbs to 155mW or so after it gets warm.  I also have a 185mW pointer, but only one of those :-/ I graph all my lasers over the duration of 30 - 45mins and test like this in between heavy use to ensure that the output doesnt change. My 185mW pointer has been putting out up to 187mW for the past month and a half, and has yet to drop in output :)

Group photo of a few ;)

Attachments

• P1230949.jpg
    P1230949.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 75

JLSE

And some nice stable labby's with ramped soft start :cool:

Attachments

• P1240013.jpg
    P1240013.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 72