Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: Best Laser(s) for $200?

So I recently got my hands on $200 of expendable cash and of course it's going toward lasers:p. I know this is an expensive hobby, but I was wondering what is the best, most ***y laser $200 can buy/build. I am open to any wavelength, and power (above 5mW) combination, and if possible, I'd like to sway away from 445nm as I already have enough of those. Let me know your thoughts:wave:
:thanks:

IsaacT

I have a 200mW 520nm laser I could sell you for 215. Its ***y :) I am trying to sell so I can afford my current projects lol. If you want to see pics either PM me or click on my review compilation and locate the most recent 520,

Thanks for the offer:) I posted this in the BST a few days ago and decided to use the money for a 462nm build before it got approved. I am still open to hearing thoughts on great lasers under $200 though for future buys! Maybe we can move the thread if it turns into more of a discussion.

It looks like you don't have a 405nm yet. I put together mine myself for about $150 but I am sure you could buy the equivalent for the same or not much more. It can burn stuff at 8 feet or more, although the beam isn't very visible except in dim lighting. You should also try a 635/638nm, they are way brighter than a 650 and not quite the same color.

Alan

I am really intrigued by the 635nm lasers...might go for that next after 462nm
Thanks for the suggestions:beer:

the 635nm multimode diodes have terrible beam specs

you need a 405 imo

Last edited:
No, just have obligations.
You're obligated to sell it??:thinking:
I_do_not_think_that.jpg

No as in I have bills that need to be paid due to my health conditions. So selling a dominator at that price to make it move quickly is beneficial for everyone.

No as in I have bills that need to be paid due to my health conditions. So selling a dominator at that price to make it move quickly is beneficial for everyone.

You will have to post a pic with you lpf name and current date next to laser for people to beleive you, it will sell with ease in the B/s/t section if its legit and looked after......

If you want a diode laser I'd go with a 405. For 200 bucks you can have a 700mW+ 405nm inside custom host. Also 405nm burns the best per mw. For solid state I can say a 532 from laserbtb would be best bet. Bad reviews lately but they have the nicest hosts I think. The PL ones have a locking focus, and the lens shutter is super convenient. Also now the LED power indicator does not light unless the laser is on, where as my HL host cannot be left in a live state as the LED lights when the key is on regardless of whether or not the laser is, and thus it kills your batteries. DragonLasers sells CNI lasers and they ship faster but you lose focusing capabilities and the lens cap is less convenient to use.

Also, I will build you a 501b wi th the diode you want and allow you to pay after it is finished and I test it for reliability and you'd only need to pay for the module. I've got the host and won't charge for my time as I am far from the best builder here. If it ever breaks I will repair for free assuming you damage isn't because you mishandled it.