Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: Beam Splitting Filter

I am looking for something like Optotronics Product Details

Optotronics has a $20 minimum, and dosent respond to my emails :thinking:, so I am looking to buy elsewhere.

A cube style filter wont work for my application, it needs to be a think filter.

Thanks in advance,
Jacob

I dont think dichros will work. I am basically looking for a way to cut down on the output of RGB a scanner, when a filter is placed in front of it, but all colors have to pass equally. I dont trust my electrical skills to do something like this.

Essentially, you want a high-power neutral density filter. Try looking up those words, since that is exactly what you want. If you want all your lasers to output about 1/2power, you want ND2, if you want 1/4 power, ND4, and so on. You can stack them too, ND2 with ND4 = ND8, etc. One problem is though, is that none of them are truly perfect. They are supposed to inhibit all wavelengths equally (in theory), but that is not easy to do. I don't know how high of power your lasers are though, and I'm worried that most ND filters will burnout unless you get ones specifically designed for lasers (which are out there, but are $$). Good luck.