Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: Bare Tube HeNe 1-5mW, in Australia

alf638

So I've been away from the laser hobby for quite a few years but have recently become pretty interested again since studying physics at University.
I've been shopping around for a bare tube HeNe for a while now, and the best deal I can find is $97.50 for a 5mW tube plus $50 shipping to Australia from Meredith Instruments, a great deal without the shipping!
Most of the tubes that come up on ebay either don't ship to Australia, charge about $100 for shipping alone, or are "untested" (read: almost certainly dead).
So yeah, I was wondering if anyone on here would happen to have such a tube they'd be willing to part ways with for better than the Meredith price, preferably in Australia due to shipping costs?

(By the way, I really have to apologise for all my posts from five years ago, I was a kid and had no idea about lasers or online etiquette).

I have a ~12 inch (working) unmarked tube that I think is a Siemens that I don't have a proper PSU for (tested working with a smaller power supply) that I don't really want....if you want to pay for shipping and would be willing to accept the chance of it breaking in the mail I would be happy to send it to you. I can get you some pics of the tube when I get home if you'd like.

Kgibbo

I have 2 small bare 6 inch tubes with one battery powered power supply.

PM me for details and i'll get back to you in the morning.
Oh, I am also in am in Australia.