Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: Balloon Popper

MaZuh

I want to buy a laser that can pop balloons at maximum. This will obviously be >5mW but due to the rules of the house, 5mW is my limit. I was wondering if someone could place a "5mW" on eBay. I will pay the actual price but my limit is $40. I do not care what color, just what would be the most efficient for popping balloons. I realize the dangers, have eye protection, and know how to use it safely.

This ebay seller: itemquickship items - Get great deals on Electronics, Business Industrial items on eBay.com!

His items are claimed "5mw" but really much higher. :D The number after the "#" in the name are its actual power. Have fun.

here are some reviews:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/super-beast-006-100-a-61148.html

http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/iqs-itemquick-ship-laser-round-up-60193.html

I just ordered his #90-105 pen model yesterday.

Many people have ordered his "Super #100 Green Laser Pointer 006 Signal W/CR123A USA"

I will be posting a review when I get mine.

MaZuh

But are they pot modded or just very bright? I want one that is guaranteed to pop a balloon.

Yeah, they all say 5mw as per eBay rules. And yes the #beast 100's are plenty strong enough to do just that. Provided you dont get a faulty one.

These units were reviewed by a few members here. They are plenty strong enough for your needs. If you get a faulty one it will be covered by ebay anyhow. I must mention you should "NEVER" attempt to pot mod your laser. This will only break it.... Dont be foolish like other members who have lost their laser. These ubits will be very bright and i would suggest buying a pair of safety glasses for the 532 wavelength (aka green)

Please be responsible with your laser and dont do anything stupid...

Enjoy the forum!
Jeff

MaZuh

Do i get Super Beast Green Laser Pointer 006 W/CR123A($18.99) or Super #100 Green Laser Pointer 006 Signal W/CR123A($27.99)?

Last edited:
The #100 is the more powerful one with pretty much garenteed power to pop a balloon. However with some luck the other one might be able to.

well, it will probably be able to do more than pop a balloon. But trust me, you will be satisfied.

The seller ships super fast. I ordered mine Friday and it is in transit now.

Last edited:

MaZuh

O.k. so now I am restricted to buying only a Class IIIa laser pointer or lower. Are there any that are labeled Class IIIa on the website and on the actual sticker but can pop a balloon? (I think it would have to be red because green is considered a IIIb.)

If you mean.... you can't buy a laser over 5mw because you live in the us then don't worry! This Guy lives in the us and only customs will seize such objects (because customs only checks international orders... (if it were the case you may run into complications) . also as long as you don't do anything stupid..... law enforcement wont take it off you... Now if you have parents on the otherhand.... you can slap whatever sticker you want on the laser..... but lasers over 30 mw of green are friggen bright! You shouldn't have any problems. :)

Last edited:
I understand what you mean... though I don't understand why you need a sticker? Anyways talk to the seller and see if he will send you the laser with a <5 mw sticker. I'm sure you could get one from anywhere.... There are some other company's like rayfoss or o-like that will send low output stickers with their lasers On request.... Just ask and usually its not a problem. Just think... sellers want to make a sale just as much as you want a laser. If they can make a sale by swapping a sticker... im sure they will :) If the seller will not sell you a laser with a low output sticker I'm sure I can arrange something for you.... :) Let me know what he says. If he wont give you a low output sticker then I will buy one and put one on for you.
Thanks,
Jeff

Last edited:

madog

I understand what you mean... though I don't understand why you need a sticker? Anyways talk to the seller and see if he will send you the laser with a <5 mw sticker. I'm sure you could get one from anywhere.... There are some other company's like rayfoss or o-like that will send low output stickers with their lasers On request.... Just ask and usually its not a problem. Just think... sellers want to make a sale just as much as you want a laser. If they can make a sale by swapping a sticker... im sure they will :) If the seller will not sell you a laser with a low output sticker I'm sure I can arrange something for you.... :) Let me know what he says. If he wont give you a low output sticker then I will buy one and put one on for you.
Thanks,
Jeff

That is very nice of you jeff.
We really are a brotherhood...with a couple sisters.

jakeGT

Here is a very nice balloon popper, and cheap too, you can get like 100 of em for a buck or two

ring_shank_nail_m.jpg