Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB a laser host for 9mm 445nm laser

I have been looking at a lot of host/heatsink threads but a lot of the ones I liked are sold out or too pricey, my budget is around $50 depending on the host. I am not too good at designs so I can't just order a host from china and send in dimensions to someone for heatsink. I am looking for something less common, I don't want something like C6, C5, C8, 501b etc.

Will also be interested in a host for a 700mW red laser

Try the Mag-lite from Mrcrouse.
It's $55 and works great for 9mm 445nm diodes. Check the last link in my sig for more on it.

Last edited:
Perhaps you could offer up an idea instead of wasting a post to criticize someone else's:thinking:

IsaacT

Are you open to diode pocket type hosts or will you be just buying the full module from DTR?

Everyone has seen a MagLite but how many people own one that is a laser and not a flashlight? There is probably around 30 of us here who have one, but there is probably 1000 of us who own C6 lasers

IsaacT

Livin I think there are a LOT more than 30 who have Maglite builds. It is one of the more popular Jayrob kits way back when and a popular Mrcrouse destination now.

There are also more than 1000 C6 builds out there. I was just making a point since its impossible to estimate the exact numbers

Thanks, I have already contacted Mrcrouse for the Maglite, but wanted to see what else there is, also maglite isn't as common to me as a c6 since while browsing other sections of this forum the c6 comes up much more