Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: 650nm diodes or 405nm diodes (or dead!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 22482
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 22482

Hello!

I have a small host that I want to try a red laser/violet laser build into. (so basically a cheap one) and I was wondering if anyone here has some cheap diode (preferrably under $10)? Modwerx has them, but $15 shipping is to much..

I can also take dead diodes (for practicing), earlier I have let my brother do some solder jobs, but I want to do it myself now..

Thank you.

Oh and if anybody does have a cheap host + heatsink, tell me that too, I'm interested in that aswell, as I want to do a build from scratch, instead of just buying Moh's just add diode kits.

Blord

I got two BDR-203 sleds. I have also LPC-826/815 diodes. I even got dead ones to practice :D
I could sent it together with the lpm.

I have also very worn but useable host + sink for practice.

Last edited:

sinner

I have like a Zillion IR didoes left from LPC Sleds, maybe a 20 or more, sorry but i really learnt it the hard way..
My soldering is better now.. LOL
I have about half a dozen $3 diodes those are close can diodes 16 or 18x
But it would have to wait.. I am on a euro tour.. "yeah i like keeping in touch with lpf"
:D i'd be more than happy to send them your way.. by the end of this month.. !!

D

Deleted member 22482

Hello.

Anyone more? And what power would a 16x give off? I dont want any IR diodes as I dont have goggles for those.

Thanks.

sinner

i never had them lpm'ed but they are equally powerful than lpc-815 it would be safe to say 200mW or more but thats upto the lpm..

P.S: U can Overpower the IR diode and kill it yourself before using it.. thats not a problem or is it!!

Last edited:

Blord

You can make a 150mW IR burner from the LPC-815 sled. I measured that with the LPM.

sinner

You can make a 150mW IR burner from the LPC-815 sled. I measured that with the LPM.

I made one infact.. at about ~300mA it was really good untill i realized i made myself something potentially harmful.. I dont own IR goggles i would definitely never point it to anyone but if someone finds it at a random place in the house and says "Oh!! One of "sinners" overrated lasers, no ones arround so i should have some fun -- Clicks ON -- Oh wait it is not working , oh it is, there is a teeny tiny dot in there -- WAIT WHAT!! And thats how one of my family members could have lost one or both eyes!! :D :p Jokes apart!!

These are still good to learn soldering, it will light up a tiny bit to show u it is still alive and the soldering went fine!!

Blord

Yea, IR laser are dangerous. We shouldn't advocate that to the newcomers.