Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: 532nm ~100-200mW

hoon

My price range is capped at around 80$ (which I'd like to be for a 200mW). I don't care much about looks but want it to be in a handheld casing. It has to be an actual 100mW+, not just what the manufacturer says, but tested by a member here (or same models tested at least twice).

My main use will be starpointing and recreation, burning capability would be a nice bonus and perhaps increase my price cap. It'd be nicer to have a kaleidoscopic option as I'll be having an outdoor party soon.

It's possible I'll use it in an experiment, so consistency is important (stable peak).

I'm sort of new to laser hunting; I almost fell for wickedlasers and Tmart. Tmart's prices look good, but it seems I'd have to buy a 1W green for it to actually be 100-200mW. Can someone recommend a reliable one from there (as kind of a last resort, I know I'm pushing it with the price a tad)

I've been looking at rayfoss and o-like, they seem to be better budget lasers, but the main point of this post is to see if any members had used ones for sale. Not just asking for recommendations.

Last edited:

hoon

I've done quite a few hours of reading here, many choices and gambles. The laser you linked is 41$, quite impressive. For that price, it may be worth it. Is that the correct one you are referring to? There are 2 200mW lasers on there, one is 41$, the other 120$.

Thank you for the suggestion. I'm hoping a local buy comes up, from someone on here with a used model but willing to take a gamble of this modest price in the near future.

One thing that you should specify, is whether your power requirements are for that power at 532nm only, or that power at 532nm plus the infrared leakage.

I recently bought a $65 532nm handheld laser from yobresal's volume buy, which I LPM'd to easily run at 150mw (see below). This would be a great unit for you, if you did not mind IR in the mix.

However, an LPF member wiser than myself pointed out that I did not use an IR filter when I measured, so we don't really know how much of that wattage was green light, and how much was leaked IR.

Let the helpful people here know if you are looking for that power level at pure green, versus that power level with IR mixed in.

Edit: my graph below does not reveal much about the stability of the laser. I have a (really great for the price) economy LPM that responds slowly, and has a non-flat response slope in the first minute, and then a much flatter response slope in the second minute. So, the laser may have been rock-solid stable from the start. Or, not. I did not spend enough on a LPM to be able to know the difference.

100mw_532.jpg

Last edited:

Fenzir

I believe yobresal did LPM it with IR filter and determined that it was 20-50mw of IR.

Lase

hoon

I didn't expect a filtered one for the price I was asking, and after reading into the subject a bit more, I may have to wait and save up, because it does sound dangerous and my incoming safety goggles won't protect against it.

Green lasers aren't really for burning, more for pointing (and the great beam:)).... So if you're careful, and based on what you wrote so far, you are careful... IR shouldn't be that big of a problem.

You can also always install an IR filter onto a laser...Small IR Filter