Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: 473 DPSS module for handheld (used or new)

The title says it all. Would love to find someone with one of those units Jayrob was selling for a time. I've contacted his old source and haven't been very successful in finding what I'm looking for there. My preference would be to find someone with a used unit who is bored with it, needs some cash, or otherwise. Whatever is sold to me will remain either mine or re-sold to a "worthy" forum member down the road. Would even give first right of refusal to the seller.

If you have something please PM or email me through the forum. Power is not a huge issue but as always, the more the better.

I've got a few of those LPO modules out of the B&W "for parts only" units being sold on eBay a couple years back that I was thinking to incorporate into my own hand held unit but I think that may be a very ambitious undertaking. If anyone here has a link to some info on doing something like this please share it. And I guess while I'm on that topic I could ask the question here: the 473 LBO modules inside these B&W units, are they sealed units for moisture or is the housing with the pump diode and everything else the sealed unit that protects it from moisture?

Thanks for your help!

IsaacT

Subscribing to see where this goes. Jayrob got his from Lasever. You could also contact Ava at CNI about buying a PGL-C 473 module only. Lastly, if you are serious about building your own 473, contact Ultimatekaiser, he may be able to give you some advice for aligning everything.

My 473 is for sale that uses one if that counts-- otherwise you'd probably need CNI

they're both CNI modules. And all LBO units are sealed. they have to be or else they'd absorb moisture. not that you can't open them up, note that this process takes a while though. as long as they're covered and not breathing heavy they'll likely be ok for a while.