Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wtb: 445 <$60

Hello, i'm looking for a 445 under $60 for a friend. personally i think its kind of a little to cheap for a laser unless mass produced, but i wanted to take on this challenge anyway. It would have to be >100mw, and NOT a laser301 XD... thanks for looking!

gozert

60$ really isn't going to get you anything better than one of those cheap ebay lasers. A decent one starts at at least 100$.

Should have just let this thread die...60$ is completely unreasonable, any common sense would show that pretty quickly.

Should have just let this thread die...60$ is completely unreasonable, any common sense would show that pretty quickly.

I figured, ill probably go with one of those crappy ebay ones since it wont last long anyway

add 20$ and u can get a 500mW or something from laserbtb but maybe too powerful ? why buy crap that u know will break down sooner orlater...

Pman

Possible to get it this cheap IF you build it yourself OR buy from someone who has it this cheap in this section. Why 445? A cheapo 532nm over-spec pen is 10 times brighter at a tenth of the power than either a 650 or 445nm if I remember correctly. Seems like people brush aside 532nm too easily because lower powered ones are so inexpensive.

There's a better alternative other than ebay. Either spend 25 bucks more to get one from scifi lasers, or spend less and get one from either O-like or Rayfoss. There's a 1W 445nm being sold on O-Like for 59.99 usd. Even if it's going to be underspec, I'm pretty sure your friend wouldn't even notice the difference. Plus, it's a better buy than those cheap ebay stuff

There's a better alternative other than ebay. Either spend 25 bucks more to get one from scifi lasers, or spend less and get one from either O-like or Rayfoss. There's a 1W 445nm being sold on O-Like for 59.99 usd. Even if it's going to be underspec, I'm pretty sure your friend wouldn't even notice the difference. Plus, it's a better buy than those cheap ebay stuff

Yeah he wouldnt notice as long as it burned something, im ok as long as the glasses come before the laser XD

Cheech

Yeah he wouldnt notice as long as it burned something, im ok as long as the glasses come before the laser XD

Sounds like a accident waiting to happen. Friend is looking for cheap, doesn't even want to put in the effort time to find one him/her self.
Most things are only worth what you put into it, not putting much into a laser probably means he/she won't respect it either.
Personally I won't get any of my friends lasers that burn. I'll point them in every direction to learn how to build and safely operate one.
Good luck

Yeah, on further examination, i can't in good conscience buy one for him...

has anyone bought one yet?

Well, this weird looking guy got one that looks identical as a gift from his Chinese friend (If I remember correctly that is - couldn't bother re-watching the video after a few months).

Skip to 3:25 to see it in action.

lol at the guy in the comments saying he's a "laser nerd" yet wondering if it's 455nm or 473nm XD

Last edited: