Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: 30mW Laser

IsaacT

Hi everybody

I would like to purchase a MEASURED 30mW laser. Preferably 532mW or 450mW. I am wanting one simply to get an idea for the power I can expect from a laser I am planning on purchasing. I want to find out how satisfied I will be. NOTE: doesn't have to be in a host. Just a module and driver is fine by me as this is really just a test to see how satisfied I am with a 30mW beam.

Thanks,
Isaac

Arent you planning on buying a yellow 30mW laser; 589nm or something?

Not sure how a 30mW 532nm would be compare to a yellow beam. Afaik yellow is harder for the human eye to pick up than green. I believe my first laser pen meters around 35mW but I wouldn't sell it. Was a gift from my GF and got me hooked on this hobby so its a keeper :beer:

The beam is super super thin and only visible in dark conditions. You can see it in lighter conditions but you must look for it.

IsaacT

Cool, that helps. Yeah I want to get a 30mW 589 but I want to get an idea of what to expect. I have some 532nm modules at the house though so I might turn down the current til it is 30mW. Will be difficult with no IR filter though lol.

I have a small IR filter I was going to add in the junk box. Maybe I should send it to you for use and then if you want keep it or throw it in the box when it arrives

Edit: by small in mean like 25mm round so its large enough to hold but way to big to use in a build

Last edited:

IsaacT

I would actually really appreciate that!

Would still love to buy a 30mW laser though. If anyone has one hit me up.

I would actually really appreciate that!

Would still love to buy a 30mW laser though. If anyone has one hit me up.

By laser you mean to a complete laser ? Pen ? Or in a bigger host ? ..

I have some 532nm 100mW modules. And I might have a 30mW laser pen too.

Let me know what you need and I will check what I have exactly.

:beer:

IsaacT

I am looking for a roughly 30mW complete laser. I would like the output power to be between 20mW and 30mW. I am trying to get an idea for how bright a 30mW 589nm laser would be. So I think 25mW or so of 532nm would give me a close approximation.

532 is 23nm away from 555, 589 is 34nm away. still, I can't think of a better wavelength to estimate with. beam diameter is obviously a factor. I've decided against getting a yellow personally. 30mW means around 3W of input IR, lame. I'll hope and wait for a yellow diode. probably one of the highest cost per mW units you'll own. really makes you jealous of those that snagged the CNI 130mW back then...

IsaacT

Not really. Those have had stability issues and people have seen output drop consistently throughout ownership. I am hoping a lower wavelength will result in fewer losses.

my yellow hits 30 pretty quick as it overheats. its pretty much the same brightness as green, but the beam is ever so slightly more faint and hard to see. the 'dots' are very comparable though.

I've got a 532nm module at 30=35mW but it hasn't been tested for a while.
In saying that, there also hasn't been a power drop that I've noticed either.
The postage from Australia is about $15 I think, let me know if anyone in the states can't help you out mate.

Paul.