Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: 25500 battery's

Bin looking all over the place...

Anyone know a source, anything were i can get them.

gismo

Glad to be of help:beer: Always good to have more options to choose from.

Btw. looking forward to the presentation of the angry Hulk!

Don't suggest FT right now. They have had numerous problems with battery sales and them getting snagged by customs. They never even tell you they were snagged. I suggest banggoods for batteries. They have been great recently and took about 2 weeks. The day FT reopened for battery sales I placed a $100 order with them. It arrived yeaterday but that was almost a month of shipping. Many other people have complained FT emailed them and said they could not send their order.

Edit: I highly suggest ordering the king kong cells. I got 6 from FT in that order. Now I have 10. They are top notch higher than listed capacity and high current cekks. I have 2x trustfirr flames protected that I want to sell but I'm guessing shipping would kill that deal for you lol

Last edited:
Is the problem customs coming into US, or going out of China?

Smeer's in the nederlands, so he might still consider FT, depending on where the customs issue is.

I got 2pcs of these NEW (one charge on them)
http://laserpointerforums.com/f67/t...rechargeable-batteries-79813.html#post1146761

I don´t have a use for them, you can have them just for shipping costs.

Edit: nvm just saw that you´re asking for the 25500 :D
But my offer still holds.

Thank you for the offer DJNY :) but i allready have 26650 ;)

I'm currently running the laser in question on 1× 26650 + 1× 16340 giving the same lenght as two 25500's that i have to order from one of the links above provided.

Cheers, Sm... :beer:

Be careful with high currents going through a 16340. I don't know for sure, but that sounds like a bad idea, should probably keep to short bursts for testing purposes until your beefy cells come in :gun:

Problem is china customs. Surprised you havent read about it on BLF. The problems been going on for 4+ months now. At one point you couldnt buy batteries at all from china, didnt matter on destination. The problem is Li-Ion and how dangerous they are when not handled properly, aka in flight. They have caused many planes to crash over the last year due to combustion into fire while in flight. HKPost wont take batteries anymore AT ALL, same with SingPost and a bunch of other carriers. They are using the crappy carriers that and dying for business just to get the cells out of HK. Problem is, they are crappy carriers so they either lose your package or it gets snagged by customs.

EDIT: yes mixing cells is a HORRIBLE idea. Thats an explosion waiting to happen. Its not good to mix even same size cells with different capacities or even different voltages (i.e. one cell being 4.2V and the other is 3.8V). Even slight differences is really really bad to run even if they are the same exact cells.

Last edited:

DTR

EDIT: yes mixing cells is a HORRIBLE idea. Thats an explosion waiting to happen. Its not good to mix even same size cells with different capacities or even different voltages (i.e. one cell being 4.2V and the other is 3.8V). Even slight differences is really really bad to run even if they are the same exact cells.

Am I wrong as I thought that is only a safety issue when in parralel as the voltage difference will cause one cell to rapidly charge the other either faster than the discharge rate of one or more than the charging rate of the other or both causing a potential fire risk. But in series I think you just have the downside of the capacity of the smaller cell as a limiting factor and you run the risk of over discharging the smaller cell.