Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: 2 PHR 803T diodes for my laser zippo project

Jorad

bought one that turned out defective, then was graciously sent another that burned out in in 2 minutes. I think 2 more and I'm in it to win it for a good, working laser.

I'd like to spend at most 20$

thanks,
Jorad

Well I'll wait for others first. I'd do it for $20 if you can't find anyone else, but I would rather not for now since I'm about to go away for a week.

rockz

Shoot a PM to styropyro, he has them for $15 shipped for 2 PHR's.

Jorad

Thanks Alexi I just bought 3 of someone who had a surplus. Also thanks to everyone for the help in finding some.

Jorad

I'd recheck all your work before frying another 2.

Well both were hooked up properly. The first was either defective of terribly under spec and the second I was stupid by for not putting a switch in series and just disconnecting the battery. I always make sure I'm grounded and that i discharge the cap before connecting. either way I'm going to test on a red diode first to see if my driver is at fault.

What mA are you setting the drive at? Did you measure the current coming out of the driver? Did you short the caps to discharge any juice lingering before hooking up the diode?

PHRs are usually tough, unless you're setting them to high.

Jorad

Using a flexdrive set to 90mA under load and yes I make sure to short the pads to discharge the caps...

EDIT: Correction.... I'm using a Rckstr driver at 90mA

EDIT AGAIN: Hmmm I'm not even getting LED out of the current diode.. perhaps i have a faulty driver....

Last edited: