Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: 1250-1500mw 532nm laser (handheld or lab)

Greetings,

I am looking, as typed out already in the topic, a 532nm laser with an output between 1250 and 1500mw, preferable from the UK or Europe to avoid hassles with the customs. However, I won't mind getting one from the US if the offer is great.

I am fully aware of the potential eye hazard, as this is not my first laser (I have multiple lasers between 5 and 100mw), but it will be my first 1000mw++ laser, and I have already bought appropriate eyewear for this power level.

I'm not sure if I want a handheld or stationary lab laser (I don't have any power source yet), so if you are offering a lab laser, please either point me into the right direction for buying a power source or offer it together with your laser.

Thanks,
Alex

Yes, I've seen that. However my first choice would be a handheld laser, as I'm not experienced with lab lasers yet. While we're at it, I could as well ask two questions:

1) How much would a power supply for this laser cost? Which wires would I need?
2) As they have active cooling, how loud are they generally?

Regards,
Alex

Lase

I'm not familiar with Lab lasers myself so I can't comment on noise levels.

I'm not 100% but in the review of that laser, I think it's wired through a computer PSU for modulation.

Lase

ARG

Yes, I've seen that. However my first choice would be a handheld laser, as I'm not experienced with lab lasers yet. While we're at it, I could as well ask two questions:

1) How much would a power supply for this laser cost? Which wires would I need?
2) As they have active cooling, how loud are they generally?

Regards,
Alex

1) Most lab lasers have a power supply included
2) The fans are pretty noisy.

Lase

The fans are pretty noisy.

You could replace them with super quiet fans?

Like this:
header.jpg

Lase

Just remembered I have a couple of those fans. Hmmmm... :D

I just watched some videos on YouTube and the two videos from the member selling his 1.5W lab laser and it's REALLY noisy :cryyy:

Don't think I could take that sound for longer than a couple of minutes...

benmwv

Well, I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but you aren't going to get 1250-1500mw of 532 in a handheld. Consider something more along the lines of 300-500mw. :beer:

Maybe what you are looking for is a >1W 445nm blue laser...

Well, 532nm @ 1000mw +-10% should be possible, right?
Edit: Around 700 GBP (1100 US$)

Last edited:

Lase

Well, I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but you aren't going to get 1250-1500mw of 532 in a handheld. Consider something more along the lines of 300-500mw. :beer:

Maybe what you are looking for is a >1W 445nm blue laser...

Sorry to burst your bubble but there is a 1.2W Handheld floating around... I think it was the 600mW one from JetLasers which peaked at 1.2W (settled down to around 950mW).

Found it here

Lase

EDIT: AFAIK it was around $650 in a GB

Last edited:

benmwv

Sorry to burst your bubble but there is a 1.2W Handheld floating around... I think it was the 600mW one from JetLasers which peaked at 1.2W (settled down to around 950mW).

Found it here

Lase

EDIT: AFAIK it was around $650 in a GB

No need to be rude, especially when you are wrong.

You see 1.2W does not actually fall in the range of 1250-1500mw, and even if it did that laser was a one-off that peaked high, not a readily available laser that always comes within the range of a stable 1250-1500mw output.

Alright break up the bubble bursting you two:na:

For the moment aside from FREAK lasers like the one Reginak got, there really aren't any production 1W+ 532nm handheld lasers. Obviously I'm not counting the wicked krapton since those so far have not hit 1W at all AFAIK. (Not counting very very short peaks on one laser, I'm talking about stable output of 1W+.)

Rayfoss is selling a 1W 532nm laser that uses the same module as the krapton, so maybe that would be an option... aside from that the potential way to get a 1W+ 532nm in a handheld would be to contact individual companies one by one and hope they have a freak.

@Dragonheart - Get yourself a 400mW green torch to start out with... you can get one for under $300 easily... and after that see if you want more.

Lazerer and o-like have very well priced relatively high powered 532nm lasers. I have the old style torch from o-like and it does over 500mW... for a pocket cannon it's phenomenal.

Last edited:
Thanks - I'll be looking into Lazerer, they seem to have a 500mw for a reasonable price.
However, if someone has a 500mw+ handheld 532nm laser to sell, please don't hesitate to offer it.

Thanks ^^

TBH the noise of the labby I'm selling isn't actually that loud in person. I even think it sounds kinda cool.

What are you looking to use this purchased laser for??