Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WTB: <100mw Green laser

Hello. Im looking to buy a green laser 100mw or greater. Would be even better if its focusable and water resistant, thank you

PD: budget no more than $100

Last edited:

sorry forgot to mention it. Around 50dls
Unfortunately, almost all quality 100mw 532nm or 520nm lasers are ~$100 USD (or at least that I've seen). I have noticed that with green (mostly 532nm) lasers, you can usually get roughly 1mw per USD.

However, eBay/303/301 lasers have been known to be highly overspec (either that or they're completely dead), so if your budget can't be modified you could take a chance on a few of them. They won't be waterproof or IR filtered, but if you get lucky you might get up to 100mw of green output (but even if you do, the duty cycle on the cheap greenies is terrible).

Generating green light is substantially more difficult and expensive than red or blue, because you either need a powerful pump diode and a crystal set (for 532nm) or an expensive diode (for 520nm). Either way, it's not cheap. :undecided:

Also, don't forget the goggles! :D

EDIT: Actually, O-Like has 100mw greenies for ~$50. They don't exactly have the best reputation, but they're not the worst either.
Waterproof Green Laser 100mw/focusable

Last edited:
Unfortunately, almost all quality 100mw 532nm or 520nm lasers are ~$100 USD (or at least that I've seen). I have noticed that with green (mostly 532nm) lasers, you can usually get roughly 1mw per USD.

However, eBay/303/301 lasers have been known to be highly overspec (either that or they're completely dead), so if your budget can't be modified you could take a chance on a few of them. They won't be waterproof or IR filtered, but if you get lucky you might get up to 100mw of green output (but even if you do, the duty cycle on the cheap greenies is terrible).

Generating green light is substantially more difficult and expensive than red or blue, because you either need a powerful pump diode and a crystal set (for 532nm) or an expensive diode (for 520nm). Either way, it's not cheap. :undecided:

Also, don't forget the goggles! :D

EDIT: Actually, IIRC O-Like has 100mw greenies for ~$50. They don't exactly have the best reputation, but they're not the worst either.

Well if i can get something under 100dls and exactly or over 100mw with a good divergence and prob waterproof as well please let me know.

Where can I get/check out the o-like one you said?

Pman

My bet is 95% chance that O-like is at least 100mW through personal experience of other purchases of their products.
Don't know what Laser Chick contacted you about but I would listen to her.

My bet is 95% chance that O-like is at least 100mW through personal experience of other purchases of their products.
Don't know what Laser Chick contacted you about but I would listen to her.

whats the shipping time to cali? I tried buying the laser over there but it doesnt tell me any estimating shipping time

I just got the laser. Its 150mw although I ordered another one on ebay an its 60mw for only 10 bucks...

Any cheapo 532 pen on ebay will be significantly higher power than the 5mW advertised. Some have come in over 100mW, but around 50-60mW is normal for them.