Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wow! Nice Tiny Green For Cheap!

jayrob

I couldn't resist the cheap price for this 'bottle laser' from FocalPrice:
http://www.focalprice.com/50mW_532nm_Powerful_Green_Laser_Pointer_Silver_LP078S_7165.html

I figured that I could just take it apart and put a different module in the nice host...

But to my surprise, it is very nice! :) Not just the host. It came on at 70mW's and settled at 60mW's after about 30 seconds. So I labeled it at 60mW's.

That's with the included 3.0 volt CR2 primary. I have not tried it yet with a 3.6 volt RCR2. But I think I will just stick to the primaries...

FocalPrice.jpg

I don't know if all of them are this nice, but I can't believe this thing for $22 bucks and free shipping!
Jay

cric8r

I got the 300mw and turned out to be around 200mw average after about 20 secs. But others who have purchased the same one received around a 70mw grennie. Focal price sells unstable lasers.

jayrob

I had heard that, but figured for the price, I could just replace the module...

I got a good one though! :)
Jay

murrat

You are so lucky to have a stable 60mW for 22$ and it is also tiny ;)

sb__iq

jayrob said:
I couldn't resist the cheap price for this 'bottle laser' from FocalPrice:
http://www.focalprice.com/50mW_532nm_Powerful_Green_Laser_Pointer_Silver_LP078S_7165.html

I figured that I could just take it apart and put a different module in the nice host...

But to my surprise, it is very nice! :) Not just the host. It came on at 70mW's and settled at 60mW's after about 30 seconds. So I labeled it at 60mW's.

That's with the included 3.0 volt CR2 primary. I have not tried it yet with a 3.6 volt RCR2. But I think I will just stick to the primaries...

FocalPrice.jpg

I don't know if all of them are this nice, but I can't believe this thing for $22 bucks and free shipping!
Jay

Is it legal to purchase this laser if I live in the United States?

sb__iq said:
[quote author=jayrob link=1235085079/0#0 date=1235085079]I couldn't resist the cheap price for this 'bottle laser' from FocalPrice:

FocalPrice.jpg

Jay

Is it legal to purchase this laser if I live in the United States?
[/quote]

I think the laws say that no, you may not import lasers over 5mW into the states ( Without all the correct safety features). Feel free to correct me, although that's what I believe it is...

You're right, it's illegal to import a >5mw laser to the US unless it has some specific safety features. But I've heard that you can get the non-legal ones through customs pretty easily, you just need to find a seller to ship it here.

Benm

If they will ship it out, just order it... vendors like dx and kd have been selling them by boatloads to the us - only now paypal gets in their way there is a problem... confiscation by customs hardly ever was it seems.

D

Deleted member 8382

ye its all about paypal i think, i havent heard of nobody here saying customs got his lasers. Just use o-like ;p

I bought one of these lasers based on this thread and just got it today. it took over two weeks to get here. it is a very nice laser, I tried to pop a balloon today and all i had was a pink one so i put back mark on the balloon and it popped it at about 7 feet away. I going to try to light matches as soon as my gets back from wal-mart with some.

Wow I think I will order one of these! What can you say about the beam? Is it thick? Thin? What about divigerence?

i think that this 50mw is a pot modded 5mw version that focal sells. or not? this laser pointer is also sold at DX....but dx has strange prices.
-- 5mw at $21.34 ,
-- 20mw at $23.05 ,
-- 50mw pot modded by the 20mw at $24.86 ,
-- 10mw at $25.53 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
-- 50mw True at $32.28 .

but.... can someone tell me if this laser is the same?Romisen L-A030 30mW http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11018

what is the difference? ONLY THAT it uses cr123 instead cr2 battery? cr123 is a better battery in my opinion,more true mah.
i looked for romisen laser a lot if time.... but i didn't find any website for the romisen laser!!!!!

so....for a person who want buy a bottle shape laser... what laser should buy? the romisen black version 30mw or the 50mw grey lucid? for the grey lucid the best price is on focalprice for its 50mw at 22$. but baybe the black romisen is more trustable.. i don't know!!

What you need to do is but one of each... and do a review for us... ;D ;D

Jerry

cric8r said:
I got the 300mw and turned out to be around 200mw average after about 20 secs. But others who have purchased the same one received around a 70mw grennie. Focal price sells unstable lasers.

i assume this one does not have a ir filter then ?
there would be no way its doing 200 mw of green