Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

wow i am so amazing!!!

lol, Alright so looks what i built today!

this is a ggw INSIDE a mag-lite solitaire, these things are so tiny that they have a smaller diamter than an aixiz module!
they use one AAA battery.

AND I TURNED IT INTO A LASER!

and the best part is, it even has a driver in it!! a flex drive set at 193mA using a GGW 6x diode.
it has no switches, it's turn on by twisting the body and the head together or away from eachother.

unfortunately i won't have a battery till probably wednesday, but thats okay cause i know it will work.....

take a look at this sucker!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 239
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 295

Doofus

Isn't somebody selling a kit or a complete laser in a solitaire? I think I remember seeing it before. You must have steady hands, I don't, I envy you :S Very VERY cool.

ZRTMWA

That's nice! I have also seen someone else either trying to put a laser into the solitaire or succeeding in it but I can't remember. Does it just run off one AAA?

yeah one AAA, i know someone is selling replacement bulbs to turn it in an LED light, but i haven't seen anyone build a laser out of it, couldn't find anything in the search.

way cool I got a proton I would send you it uses a AA cell. got to go, you did a good thing !

jeffd

Wow how did you get the flex drive and module to fit in?

Great work man, if you sold these i would def buy one.

i had to drill out some of the tail cap, along with the end part of the body, and i also had to file down the aixiz module to make it fit inside....sucks not having a lathe.

the flex drive is soldered direcrtly onto the diode with a pad on the other end for positive battery, and body of the host screwed down around the flex drive and locks up against the back side of the aixiz module for case negative contact.

it all fit, But not ALL the way.

you have just enough room for the body to lock into the threads of the head by like half a turn...basicly just enough to lock it down for a good contact.

....this build is sketchy, but i think with some work and "real" tools, like a lathe, these things could be easily modified to build nice working lasers.

jeffd

Ya someone needs to get on that... cough jayrob cough

That would be so cool to have a bluray that small

jayrob

"cough jayrob cough" :crackup:

Ha ha!...

I thought about it! But for a couple of reasons I did not pursue it. Mainly because it was an idea brought to me by Kenom. I did some machine work on a Solitair host that he sent me about 3 months back, but I never heard back from him as to whether or not he built it...

Anyway, I commend you for getting it to work Mohrenberg, because I know how limited the space is in that host!

:gj:
Jay

jeffd

If i sent you a solitaire do you think you could mill it out for me to fit an aixiz?

jayrob

Except for it would not be cool to be threadjacking this idea...

Mohrenberg may be planning on a kit for all we know.

So that's all I'm saying. Besides, believe me, fitting the module is the 'cake' part of this build!

I'm pretty sure there is some other work needed on the rest of the host as well...
Jay

Doofus

If someone does a kit, as little as I know about electronics, I'm getting it.

it would be too much of a pain for me to do it, now if i had a proper work place with machines to help me......but this one build took me like 3 hours....it's not easy hand filing an aixiz module to a different diameter!

no, i think i will stick with kits that have jsut enough room for me to throw in a driver and heatsink and call it good :)

it's already been disassembled and put into the junk pile anyways lol