Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wow! I am impressed!

So a few days ago I ordered the super beast #100, thinking that it would be a good start to my collection. Boy was I right! In a well lit room I can see the beam faintly, with the dot being very bright. Outside I shined it at some stars and trees (checked for planes and people first) and it was very cool seeing how bright/far the beam was. I fear I have found another competitor for my hard earned cash. :D

My one question is, are there any inexpensive lasers of different colors that you would recommend for a newbie?

thanks everyone!

So a few days ago I ordered the super beast #100, thinking that it would be a good start to my collection. Boy was I right! In a well lit room I can see the beam faintly, with the dot being very bright. Outside I shined it at some stars and trees (checked for planes and people first) and it was very cool seeing how bright/far the beam was. I fear I have found another competitor for my hard earned cash. :D

My one question is, are there any inexpensive lasers of different colors that you would recommend for a newbie?

thanks everyone!

you can usually get ~50mW lasers for pretty cheap. you could get a 405nm or a 445nm. but the 445 would be sorta pointless at that power because they are capable of so much more. a 50mW red would also be pretty pointless because it wouldn't be much brighter than your average 5mW pointer. for 5mW pointers, you can't go wrong (ok, you can, but they're cheap enough so what the hell) with a good seller on eBay. you can also check o-like and rayfoss for 50-100mW lasers. both sites are usually pretty cheap and have "ok" to "good" quality.

I got one of these off ebay as well. I'm not sure that I got a great deal, as i probably paid ~$1 per mW which is a bit high for low powered greenies. However, this build is nice quality all around and i'm enjoying it a lot.