Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Would you buy this? White laser

A picture is worth a thousand words...

23vj7cy.png

Green laser module - $10
Red laser module - (I have no idea where to get a 20mw red)
Violet laser module - $10
Dichros - $25
Battery packs $5
Switches - $7
Housing- $10- $15

Wow - this 75mw white laser is sounding expensive !

total - around $70 plus 20mw red

I just want advice. Thanks

Colors -
10mW green
20mW red
40mW violet
30mW yellow
60mW magenta
50mW turquoise
70mW WHITE !!!

mfo

You have the right idea, but you'd need more powerful red and violet. The green, due to it's higher visibility will easily drown the other two colors out at that power ratio.

rhd

What a coincidence, take a look at what I'm building this very second ;)

Props are going out to Awlego, and Modwerx, for their fantastic driver and dichro mounts respectively.

attachment.php

Attachments

• build.jpg
    build.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 1,508
I think its a good idea. I'm sure alot of people would buy one.

The only problem I can see is allignment. I have never alligned a RGB system but from what I hear it is very time consuming. If you are intending to sell these, I would reconsider your price after you make one :).

Anyway that's a really great diagram! I would be interested in seeing a completed product! Not many people as far as I know have a RGB laser. (Excluding projector owners)

Props are going out to Awlego, and Modwerx, for their fantastic driver and dichro mounts respectively.

attachment.php

IMG_20110825_215210.jpg

Great minds, etc... :shhh:

Pontiacg5 looking good man... hopefully mine will be moving along pretty soon

Last edited:
You have the right idea, but you'd need more powerful red and violet. The green, due to it's higher visibility will easily drown the other two colors out at that power ratio.

So what would be a good ratio - Ive heard 1:2:4

Would 20mw of green, 50 mw of red, and 100mw of violet make a good white? Also, I was thinking of a cheap housing for it. I was thinking a small tackle box. Do you have any other ideas?

According to chroma, rgb ratio of 4:1:4 should make a good white at these wavelengths. Just under-power a beefier red to get the power you want.

Do you know where I could find a red I the range of 20-100mW? I can buy 10, 20, 30, 50, and 100mw green and violet modules really easy at a fairly cheap price

According to chroma, rgb ratio of 4:1:4 should make a good white at these wavelengths. Just under-power a beefier red to get the power you want.

apparently chroma isnt very accurate it doesnt take something into account i forgot what ..im going to search

EDIT: cant seem to find it but it may have been for 445

Last edited:

I do hope you're planning on ditching those absolutely worthless Aixiz module mounts that provide practically zero heatsinking.

If I'm right, I'll order and start building.
10mw green from dx
30mw red module from dinodirect ( is this reliable )
50mw violet from dx
Rgb dichro from o like
Dichro holder from o like
7x5x3 PBS housing from radioshack
And the batterycases and switches from amazon

I will probably only make one to start off with, then if it goes good, I will make more. It will probably take about 3 weeks shipping from DX , so that is when you can expect one . Thanks for all the help and support