Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Would this work?

So here's what I'm wondering, if I buy a 300 mw diode on eBay, could I use that with a just add diode kit from mohgasm, and if so, would it be an easy assembly?

Last edited:

you need to figure out exactly what type of diode it is. This way you can get the driver set to the proper mA. Also to make sure you wire the diode up correctly the the driver.

Last edited:
you need to figure out exactly what type of diode it is. This way you can get the driver set to the proper mA. Also to make sure you wire the diode up correctly the the driver.

808nm it says, would someone with no prior experience with lasers be able to build this?

Im building one from him tomorrow if i can get some flux and shrink wrap. My first build. Just be careful using the diode press tool and take your time. You have some options on the mA setting you would like with the kid. Check out the red laser section to find out more info on what setting would be best for that diode.

Im building one from him tomorrow if i can get some flux and shrink wrap. My first build. Just be careful using the diode press tool and take your time. You have some options on the mA setting you would like with the kid. Check out the red laser section to find out more info on what setting would be best for that diode.

Much thanks my friend.

I would be careful buying a diode from just anyone also. You may receive a non working one. Also, you are aware the 808nm is a IR spectrum. You must be very careful as you dont see much light. Yet the laser is JUST as strong as a non IR laser. So you can damage your eyes b/c you think its safe since its not bright.

ya, thats about what i was thinking. OP if you just wanted a red laser i would stick to the 650nm spectrum. A lot safer

AnthoT

You should stick with a visible laser. Those are cheap but they are pretty dangerous.
But it's your choice just get good safety glasses whatever you do.

-Anthony