Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Would one of the Senior memebers like to have a look at a laser for me?

Hi there,
I have purchased my frist laser . I got it from a respected member of these fourms and because it is my first laser , I am sure that I have a lot to learn . there are questions I have about a few aspects of this laser ..

I want to know about these circular aprations I see when I expand the beam very wide ... Some have described "mould" on the surface of the lens , or something about imperfections with the IR coating ... those sorts of things seem to be simialr to what I see ...
Also I have this issue with the beam focus bening quite a bit less " tight" than my imagination.. I wonder if that can be fixed by a different focus adaptor , or if it is just "normal" for this type of equipment .

I also have an issue where you press the power button and the laser comes on nice and bright for litterally half a second , then stays steady , somewhat dimmer ...
I also dont know what type of batteries or different lens adaptors . focusing rings I could posibly use with this laser , and what the effect of various possible configurations will have on this laser .
I dont know what is " normal" and what represents a problem with lasers in general ,or particulary with this one ...

to help me understand these things , and hoping for an imaprtial opinion about this laser I have bought , I am asking if any of the "Senior" memebers would like me to send this laser to them for evaluation .. I would of course cover postage both ways.. and I'd be open to some form of recipcation ..

might be best to IM me with replies

O

Hi there,
I have purchased my frist laser . I got it from a respected member of these fourms and because it is my first laser , I am sure that I have a lot to learn . there are questions I have about a few aspects of this laser ..

I want to know about these circular aprations I see when I expand the beam very wide ... Some have described "mould" on the surface of the lens , or something about imperfections with the IR coating ... those sorts of things seem to be simialr to what I see ...
Also I have this issue with the beam focus bening quite a bit less " tight" than my imagination.. I wonder if that can be fixed by a different focus adaptor , or if it is just "normal" for this type of equipment .

I also have an issue where you press the power button and the laser comes on nice and bright for litterally half a second , then stays steady , somewhat dimmer ...
I also dont know what type of batteries or different lens adaptors . focusing rings I could posibly use with this laser , and what the effect of various possible configurations will have on this laser .
I dont know what is " normal" and what represents a problem with lasers in general ,or particulary with this one ...

to help me understand these things , and hoping for an imaprtial opinion about this laser I have bought , I am asking if any of the "Senior" memebers would like me to send this laser to them for evaluation .. I would of course cover postage both ways.. and I'd be open to some form of recipcation ..

might be best to IM me with replies

O

If you recieved this unit from a respected member than you need to ask them first... If your not getting anywhere than you need to add pics and a whole lot more details.

Yeah.... I would start by going to the source.. (ie. the person you
bought it from).
The seller would/should be more knowledgeable about the Laser
than anyone else.

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

The first problem sounds like minor imperfections and dirt on the lens surface. Probably normal, depending on severity

The second problem sounds like the driver dropping out of regulation due to battery sag.

cool ,
based onthe feedback here , I have contacted the seller via IM ... I really dont think it is a " problem" per say , just lack of experince on my side ...

I don't think you really need to send the laser to anyone, unless you think there is a problem with the build quality and you want someone to open it up and inspect it.

As for the lens, pictures are worth a thousand words and would let us tell you if the artifact is normal, or if there is debris on the lens.

The second problem with the brightness does sound like a supply problem. Have you checked that the batteries are fully charged?

Also again with focus adapters, if you could show us a picture of the laser we could probably tell you what will, and won't fit on it.

Lastly, the divergence of the 445nm diode is much higher than a green laser for example. This is a random guess/estimate, but even with it focused as straight as you can get it the dot will still be a feet or two in diameter at around 100 yards.

This is why you never see 445 lasers used as gun sights. (trust me, I tried)
attachment.php

Attachments

• BD3.jpg
    BD3.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 2,651
Last edited:

Blord

A picture of the laser and the dot can tell us a lot more. Did you contact the seller ?

I don't think you really need to send the laser to anyone, unless you think there is a problem with the build quality and you want someone to open it up and inspect it.

As for the lens, pictures are worth a thousand words and would let us tell you if the artifact is normal, or if there is debris on the lens.

The second problem with the brightness does sound like a supply problem. Have you checked that the batteries are fully charged?

Also again with focus adapters, if you could show us a picture of the laser we could probably tell you what will, and won't fit on it.

Lastly, the divergence of the 445nm diode is much higher than a green laser for example. This is a random guess/estimate, but even with it focused as straight as you can get it the dot will still be a feet or two in diameter at around 100 yards.

This is why you never see 445 lasers used as gun sights. (trust me, I tried)
attachment.php

DUDE! SEXY! +1 for the pic.