Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WL warranty repair update!

In a previous post http://laserpointerforums.com/f41/wicked-refusing-refund-55676.html#post785671 I stated that a friend of mine Pete got his Arctic G1 and it quit working. He sent it back to WL and wanted a refund, they sent him another laser and he received the package today with the green customs tape on the box with a nice letter from customs and no laser. So now he has an empty box, he said that he has sent WL an e-mail and will let me know what happens.

As soon as he get back to me I will post an update.

After doing some reading on another forum there have been a bunch of lasers getting confiscated at San Francisco customs! :eek:

Yeah. One of my Arctics has a fussy end cap. WL told me that Customer Support would be 'getting in touch with me soon' (they haven't) to issue an RMA (they haven't) and they want me to return the entire laser.

I told them that I'll even pay for a damn new endcap, just tell me how much it costs -- (as the laser itself works fine, the clicky assembly is just fussy ) -- because there is NO WAY I'm shipping a perfectly good laser back to China and risking Customs Roulette (especially lately) just to get a new endcap.

I'm lucky the optics kit I ordered from them didn't get messed with as it was labeled on the slip as "Portable Laser".

Freakin crazy. So many getting confiscated... I don't know how they'll make good on this... And it worries me for our other lasers, too, honestly.

If they start confiscating stuff from other laser companies, I'll be upset. (It's odd, I demanded the proper FDA forms -- I forget this late at night, FDA Form 2xxx -- with accession numbers with my Arctics, as I do with my CNI lasers -- and I got them.. Did anyone else get these with their Arctics? )

Yep! Pete is totally freaked out about the whole thing, he was a little exicited when he called me earlier! He said that the letter has options that he can contest the confiscation or just abondon the laser. He is debating what to do. He doesn't want any trouble since he has fully automatic guns and a couple of suppresors, he has them legally. But doesn't want to get in any trouble that could get them taken away.

WL is supposed to have a guarantee against this stuff. In the LC forums they've been telling people that they will get their laser.

Tell your friend to send WL a copy of the Customs letter, and I believe they will send out another one.

I can't imagine how much money WL is losing on the confiscations lately --- I'd do it fast, before they decide to rescind that policy...

I told them that I'll even pay for a damn new endcap, just tell me how much it costs -- (as the laser itself works fine, the clicky assembly is just fussy ) -- because there is NO WAY I'm shipping a perfectly good laser back to China and risking Customs Roulette (especially lately) just to get a new endcap.

Well, update on this. They just sent me a new endcap. I mean, it just arrived today. Without me even knowing it was coming.. No fuss, no nothing. No argument, no mechanations -- I just got a new arctic Endcap.

And they also sent my missing lens pens. Just like that...

Maybe WL really is trying to make good on this?

Well, update on this. They just sent me a new endcap. I mean, it just arrived today. Without me even knowing it was coming.. No fuss, no nothing. No argument, no mechanations -- I just got a new arctic Endcap.

And they also sent my missing lens pens. Just like that...

Maybe WL really is trying to make good on this?

So you received the lenspens as well?

Hey niko thanks for the pm I am actually on the phone with Pete right now, he got ahold of WL and he sent them a copy of the confiscation letter and they are going to send him another laser.
Hopefully this one will make it thru customs!

While I was talking to Pete I tried to get him to come on the forum, he said that he checks it out occaisonaly but forums are not his thing!

I tried!

Hey guys, I was just told the warranty is 1 year now on all WL products, just so you know if you ever need to send it back for whatever reason.

Hey guys, I was just told the warranty is 1 year now on all WL products, just so you know if you ever need to send it back for whatever reason.

Wow. Huh. Even on stuff that we bought which said it was 6mos? As in, my Arctics are now 1yr? Hmm... interesting.

I talked with Pete again and WL sent him a refund instead of his laser, here is a copy of the letter

Dear, Pete

Due to your package that has been stuck in customs, we have refunded your payment.

The transaction id is XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

Please allow few more days for your account to be updated.

Best Regards,

Jeice Cruz
Customer Support Team

There was nothing about "double your money back" as mentioned in their gaurantee. Pete said he was just happy to get his money back.