Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WL SpyderII BX Review

Hi guys! I've heard alot about you all but never got a chance to stop in, and considering that I don't see too many blue laser threads, I'll throw in one of the ones I just worked on:

Wicked Lasers SpyderII BX:

boomdog.skyfirelasers.com/reviewspyderIIbx.php

I tried to remain as impartial as possible, but it is a nice laser, so bear with me. I see some old WL/LC people on here, so I'd like to stop by more and see you guys.

S

SenKat

Yes, indeed - good to see you here ! That is a very nice review - I'm kinda bummed to see it in anything other than TEM00 though - I never actually read the "specs" I just wanted one ! BUT - given the performance you saw, it may not be that bad of a blue after all ! thanks for sharing the review !

T

timelord

I really like your site boomdog it's explained a few mysteries about the X-Y scanners as i've made various homemade jobbies (not as tidy as yours but they work). Nice review on the new blue Spyder too. One question have you tried to pop a balloon with it yet??

qwerty

sweet! really cool man. why did you choose blue? you liked the color over burning power? i dont know which i would choose if i had 2 grand to spare. probably green or red because i like the burning power, but blue is really cool just because its blue.

I actually won it in a drawing at LaserCommunity. They offered me a Spyder Bx originally, but asked if I wanted to change to a Gx (green 300mw). I still chose blue since I don't have one yet and I already have a 1-watt green lab laser. I definitely don't regret the decision

I think blue was a good choice. ;)

I have seen your lab laser on LC. That thing is a beast! :eek: Just wondering, did you get the divergence fixed on it?

I've gotten it back, but it still has poor divergence, just not nearly as bad: 2.5mrad down from 4.15. I'm in talks with AixiZ right now.